Options

I hunt this stuff...

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited June 12, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
....everywhere I go...

mountains%20past%20015-X2.jpg

...so I can produce rust-based, abstract/impressionistic images like this one; which was pulled from the hood of the above truck.

mountains%20past%20012-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2016
    Very cool, Tom!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2016
    First shot is terrific Tom! Keep on hunting!
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2016
    Like the both Tom! I wish the abstract was a bit sharper though, the texture seems to be interesting.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2016
    moose135 wrote: »
    Very cool, Tom!

Thanks for the visit, John. Any word on the status of the P-47?

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    First shot is terrific Tom! Keep on hunting!

I tell you, Taz, these old abandoned derelicts ( car, buses, trucks, you name it ) seem to hunt me down. Over the years, I've captured literally hundreds of the things as they are strewn all throughout the Appalachians.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2016
    Thanks for the visit, John. Any word on the status of the P-47?

Tom
    No word - I don't think we'll know anything until the NTSB is done with it.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2016
    Juano wrote: »
    Like the both Tom! I wish the abstract was a bit sharper though, the texture seems to be interesting.

Hi Cristóbal. I intentionally engineered the soft, out of focus look to the abstract shot. It seemed to best project the image as I wanted to present it. It's not an approach I use a lot though...usually it's the " tack sharp " route for me.

Your current post " Road Trip " is very appealing. The accomplished use of blurring is one of the signature traits I see in your work. Kudos on a fine series.thumb.gif

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2016
    I tell you, Taz, these old abandoned derelicts ( car, buses, trucks, you name it ) seem to hunt me down. Over the years, I've captured literally hundreds of the things as they are strewn all throughout the Appalachians.

Take care,

Tom

Would love to see all of them! If you have a link to gallery, please post!

I think you probably can have your own showing somewhere with some of these classics like these printed big. I look out but never seem to find gold like this!

Cheers!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited June 12, 2016
    Hey Tom,
    As a long-time Stephen King fan, I'd be careful that they don't start hunting you one of these days mwink.gif. Cool stuff. The abstract looks more like some sort of landscape than a rust shot thumb.gif.
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2016
    About time we got some Rust Junkie action, again. thumb.gif.

����

It goes with out saying... but I will anyhow... I love these, especially the second one.
    Rust Rules!

Don

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2016
    Richard wrote: »
    Hey Tom,
    As a long-time Stephen King fan, I'd be careful that they don't start hunting you one of these days mwink.gif. Cool stuff. The abstract looks more like some sort of landscape than a rust shot thumb.gif.

Thanks for the visit, Richard. I hope you're doing well.

After shooting the abstract, the resultant image struck me, like it does you, as some sort of landscape. When finished with slinging my magic elixir around, I ended up with ....what looks like to me....a scene of an open, grassy field that gives rise to a forested tree line with the blue sky and clouds at the top. Got to love the potential for freedom of expression that rust can bring into the equation.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2016
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    About time we got some Rust Junkie action, again. thumb.gif.

����

It goes with out saying... but I will anyhow... I love these, especially the second one.
    Rust Rules!

Don

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I always appreciate it, Don, when you look in. We Rust Junkies have been too quiet lately. It's about time that we stoked the fires. Calling all Junkies....show us what you got.

Tom
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2016
    Very nice... Found myself looking at both for a good little while. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2016
    Great stuff. Old trucks, cars and equipment pull me in like a tractor beam. The abstract is absolutely sublime. thumb.gifthumb

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2016
    CCoop wrote: »
    Very nice... Found myself looking at both for a good little while. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments, Carter. I value your opinion.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Great stuff. Old trucks, cars and equipment pull me in like a tractor beam. The abstract is absolutely sublime. thumb.gifthumb

Phil

Boy, Phil, it wouldn't do to have the both of us scouring those mountains together. I mean you can find subject matter in this vein all over the country but, brother, those Appalachians house the mother load. I can see the pair of us jabbering like idiots as we round each new turn.

See you,

Tom