Options

Lightroom export setup

studio12cstudio12c Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited August 29, 2016 in Technique
I am creating a book and am looking for the best settings for files that are being sent to a printer. (blurb for example). I am importing raw files, usually 21 mgs in size, into Lightroom. After the files are processed I am using the export module in Lighroom to create a folder on my desktop. Those files are then added to the book creation program. I am looking for the recommending settings used for the image sizing section in the export module in Lightroom. Any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited June 13, 2016
    Why not simply use the Book builder in LR which takes care of all that for you?
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,795 moderator
    edited June 13, 2016
    Printing processes vary widely. What works for Blurb may be unsuitable for other publishers. Always consult the publisher before submissions to be safe. Generally, sizing the image is unnecessary as the printer/publisher usually has a suitable method for sizing/scaling for their methodology and technique.

If Blurb is your chosen printer/publisher, they have two recommended processes already documented for color management:

Note that both methods require a properly calibrated monitor as requisite for color accuracy*. Lightroom process should be similar to Photoshop for file output requirements.

*(I prefer to define and check colors "by the numbers", i.e. using color control during acquisition as much as possible, and using "memory colors" for specific color tones, including skin tones. Finally, setting whites and blacks as pure and specified tones as appropriate.)

If you should decide to use Blurb BookSmart®, Blurb has specific recommendations on file size, image dimension maximums, and DPI (usually not a great concern).
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,795 moderator
    edited June 13, 2016
    kdog wrote: »
    Why not simply use the Book builder in LR which takes care of all that for you?

Lightroom can simplify the process "if" you purchased a recent Lightroom from Adobe. (Apparently some copies of Lightroom do not include the same Book Module as the fully licensed version purchased from Adobe.)

From this Blurb page: "BLURB + LIGHTROOM"
    "Blurb is built right into the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC Book module."

"Please note: Use of the Blurb book module requires purchasing Lightroom software directly from Adobe."
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    james18james18 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2016
    Though I dont have much idea on the setup so just sharing a post which i found here https://www.lightroompresets.com/blogs/pretty-presets-blog/15402065-exporting-images-for-print-web-and-facebook , hope it will give you some idea.

PathEdits.com - Product Photo Editing