Options

Flex TT1/TT5 High Speed Sync settings

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited June 16, 2016 in Accessories
I have a 5DM3 and 580EXiis....

I have a shoot this weekend outside at the pool backlitearly morning sun....I will be shooting my 85mm L lens with a speedlight 4-5 feet from the subject. I want to shoot this wide open to blur the swim lanes in the background but have the subject look like a million dollars.

I will be using my L478dr to control the light....... ( with me so far?)

Where do I desgnate HSS? Do I tell my camera? Do I designate a speedlight in the PW utility for C1 or C2 for HSS?

Any ideas? With the flash as fill, the HSS is different flash photography....I suppose that I am shooting in apeture priority at ISO 100 and letting the shutter speed FLY..

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,798 moderator
    edited June 16, 2016
    Sorry, I don't have the PocketWizard Mini TT1 and FlexTT5 system. Hopefully this video tutorial from Mark Wallace can help:

Using High Speed Sync for Better Daylight Photos with Mark Wallace

From that page (emphasis mine): "Join professional photographer Mark Wallace as he teaches you about using High Speed Sync and FP Sync with your PocketWizard Mini TT1 and FlexTT5. High Speed Sync allows you to shoot in bright sunlight with larger apertures for shallow depth-of-field. This is crucial information for people who shoot weddings, events or any outdoor situations with a flash where depth of field is key! Mark will show you what High Speed Sync is, how to turn it on, and how to use it to your advantage when shooting outside."

Also check out the Sekonic videos by Joe Brady and Mark Wallace, above Mark's video at the same webpage. They may explain your Sekonic questions.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums