Constant light photo booth?

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited June 23, 2016 in People
Hi!

Find myself faced wtih an immediate need for a photobooth. I have a backdrop so that's easy, props are no problem, and it's just a case of setting up some constant lights so that people can get pictures with their phones etc.

Does anybody know of any way to hook up some LED lightbulbs and an umbrella bracket without investing a lot of $? I'm really trying to avoid setting up my real gear for a bunch of highschoolers to knock over....

ETA: There may also be strip/spot lighting in the venue; if so, I'll jsut direct that where it's needed.

Comments

• WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2016
    Are you looking for something like this......? Umbrella Holder Photography
    Lee Wiren
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2016
    That looks like a good inexpensive solution.
    Diva I'd sandbag the light stands to be sure they don't get knocked over.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2016
    Haha! I found those after I posted here - they're on their way from Amazon already (those exact ones, fwiw). :)

Yes, sandbags a must. I was going to use 100w LED equivs, and two umbrellas. Does that sound like enough light, if ambient is knocking around as well?
    edited June 21, 2016
    Sounds like it, if you have PLM's that would work best to ensure enough light.... i'll be interested to have you follow up on how well it works
    Lee Wiren
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2016
    Hmmm - I was going to use shoothru umbrellas; I don't have a PLM. Or I could use them in bounce setup, if that works with non flash?
    edited June 22, 2016
    Shoot through would probably work better than bounce.... hard to say... good luck with your project thumb.gif
    Lee Wiren
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2016
    divamum wrote: »
    Haha! I found those after I posted here - they're on their way from Amazon already (those exact ones, fwiw). :)

Yes, sandbags a must. I was going to use 100w LED equivs, and two umbrellas. Does that sound like enough light, if ambient is knocking around as well?

I've seen setups like that were multiple vendors (photo) work weddings and other such events.
    I've noticed good results so long as the group shots are les than six people.
    This in a situation where there are white walls and ceiling close enough to bounce.
    Yo soy Reynaldo