Options

Country marshmallows

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited July 9, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
Rounding a bend in the road up in central Vermont, I was greeted with this scene. My first thought was just how big of a bonfire I was going to have to build to toast these things. :DNew%20England%20098-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2016
    I think farmer would be rather upset if you tried to toast these!
    Good catch Tom! I wonder why they bothered to wrap it like this. Seems like lot of work!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited July 5, 2016
    I must have missed those a couple weeks ago as we drove through. Good compliment with the white clouds. Glad you got them and posted the marshmallows. S'mores of the Gods.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2016
    I like the way the whites are distributed.

They wrap them to keep them dry, Taz. They are frequently left in the field until they are used.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I think farmer would be rather upset if you tried to toast these!
    Good catch Tom! I wonder why they bothered to wrap it like this. Seems like lot of work!

I'm sure the benefits to wrapping these things up must outweigh the trouble of doing so as you see this practice being employed more and more.

Take care, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    I must have missed those a couple weeks ago as we drove through. Good compliment with the white clouds. Glad you got them and posted the marshmallows. S'mores of the Gods.

There were quite a few similar scenes like this one spread around that part of Vermont as we cruised through a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful countryside.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2016
    willard3 wrote: »
    I like the way the whites are distributed.

They wrap them to keep them dry, Taz. They are frequently left in the field until they are used.

Thanks for the comments. More and more farmers are using this storage process.

Tom
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2016
    Great catch Tom. Giant marshmallow harvest begins. Soon to be sent to the factories, cut up into smaller marshmallows and re-packaged for retail distribution, or so I've heard!

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2016
    Love the marshmallows, Tom - great catch! For my taste though, the exposure is a tad on the dark side.
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Great catch Tom. Giant marshmallow harvest begins. Soon to be sent to the factories, cut up into smaller marshmallows and re-packaged for retail distribution, or so I've heard!

Phil

That's great news, Phil. I thought I was going to have to tackle one of those big brutes. :D

Tom
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2016
    Love the marshmallows, Tom - great catch! For my taste though, the exposure is a tad on the dark side.

It's great to hear from you, Sara. I tried to generate a version a little lighter for you but DGrin's program kept wanting to display the original version....didn't seem to want to change to the lightened version. Me using a couple of different computer and monitor set-ups on it probably didn't help matters.

Stay safe,

Tom
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 9, 2016
    Love this shot, Tom. Very interesting subject and the composition is perfect. thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2016
    kdog wrote: »
    Love this shot, Tom. Very interesting subject and the composition is perfect. thumb.gifthumb.gif

Many thanks, my friend, for the kind words.

I know, Joel, that you've been there. You stumble across a scene...most often an unexpected one...that screams out " Shoot me ". For me, this was such a scene.

There was an old, country-style church on some property adjacent to the field. They must have been staging some big event for pre-school children as the area outside the church was covered with them. There were a fair number of attendant adults, as well. At one point, I was within 50 feet of a group of them. I've wondered what their thoughts may have been as they witnessed this character darting around the field.