shooting for a catalogue

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited July 11, 2016 in People
I was asked to shoot some pictures to illustrate a bikers catalogue (leather packs) and it had to be B&W .
Here are a few shots, feel free to comment.
ducatie1-1reworkcolor-X2.jpg
Sports shot -Ducati

ducatierework2bw-X3.jpg
Sports shot - Ducati

raceteam1-X3.jpg
Urban racers
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 7, 2016
    Curious choice of B&W for catalog work, but the photography is spectacular. I especially love that last shot.

I'm guessing you're night a biker though, as the puddles under the Ducati are a real-showstopper. rolleyes1.gif
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2016
    kdog wrote: »
    Curious choice of B&W for catalog work, but the photography is spectacular. I especially love that last shot.

I'm guessing you're night a biker though, as the puddles under the Ducati are a real-showstopper. rolleyes1.gif

TXS Kdog, Its a Ducati , and they leak rolleyes1.gif I did not wanted to change anything, what was there was there and that puddle makes people look..... yes , I know it is strange.... but it is
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 7, 2016
    thumb.gif
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2016
    Beautiful shots over all. If this were work for the web, nothing really to be nit picky about.

There isn't a lot of b&w catalog work out there, but when done right it certainly has an impact. One thing to be careful of, print isn't the same as online. Catalogs are not printed like prints or even magazines, they are mass produced on the cheap, so you have to be extra careful.

In the 1st shot, the motion blur is very minor and depending on how well the printing occurs, it may end up looking more like a smudge than a blur. Especially at the rear tire.

The 2nd image highlights are grey and may not come out perfectly when printed in mass bulk.
    Steve

Website
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2016
    Love em all.
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2016
    As usual Steve, outstanding work on all. The first shot really shows off the rider's leathers - perfect balance of lighting and a great background.
    edited July 11, 2016
    Cavalier wrote: »
    As usual Steve, outstanding work on all. The first shot really shows off the rider's leathers - perfect balance of lighting and a great background.

Thanks Jo, We keep on trying....
    edited July 11, 2016
    Thanks everybody for viewing and comments