Options

Back to Cart

KellyWKellyW Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 13, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Is there a way to have a "back to cart" icon always displayed on my website? When I added photos to my cart, I would look in other galleries to buy photos, but then decided I had enough. In trying to return to my cart to checkout I found the process very complicated and confusing and I'm still not sure how I can easily get back to my cart to purchase my photos. If I'm confused about this process then I guarantee you my customers are too and as such they may say never mind and not buy anything.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 12, 2016
    I've looked at my site and at a couple of other people's smug sites. I added a couple of items to the cart, then went to a different page on the site.

I always see an indication of a cart once I add something to the cart. I suspect how this is shown depends on what type of smug site the owner has. In the upper right, I either see a cart icon with a number next to it, or I see the words "Items in cart" with a number following it. In either case I can click on the cart to be taken directly to the cart. I've looked at this both logged in and not logged in.

I assume you aren't seeing this on your site. Can you include a link to your site here?

--- Denise
  • Options
    KellyWKellyW Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 12, 2016
    Hmmmm, okay. I guess my firefox version doesn't support that, because I see what you're talking about now with other web browsers. It's weird that I can view it on IE, but not Firefox. The shopping cart will display on Firefox, but once I click home or go somewhere else, then it disappears.

Here's my website: www.Kelly-Wilkinson.com

Thanks so much for your help with this!
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2016
    I'm using firefox 48.0B6 and can see the shopping cart button even going back to your home page.

i-RwzMn7k-M.jpg
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 12, 2016
    I can also see the items in cart on your site using Firefox.

--- Denise
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited July 13, 2016
    It sounds like there's an issue with saving Cookies when you use Firefox. I'd recommend making sure they're enabled in your settings and if so, clearing them to see if somehow it had gotten corrupted.

(Sorry, I hate blaming things on the cookies and recommending these steps, unfortunately, they're more often then not, the cause) :(
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations