IMG_1371-X2.jpg

IMG_1391-X2.jpg

IMG_1398-X2.jpg

IMG_1421-X2.jpg

IMG_1430-X2.jpg

IMG_1537-X2.jpg

IMG_1463-X2.jpg

IMG_1781-X2.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2016
    Nice series (my favorite is #4)

Good work
    Rags
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,922 moderator
    edited July 3, 2016
    It's always a treat to see your travels, Awais. #7 and #8 are especially good, I think. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2016
    Thanks guys :)
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2016
    Hey Awais...

A couple of years ago you posted some memorable pix of horseman (rodeo?) event in the Kathmandu valley (if my memory serves)...

Where was that and what time of year?... If I'm in the neighborhood next year, I'd like to see it...

Maybe consider reposting, others might enjoy them .....

Thanks
    Rags
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2016
    torags wrote: »
    Hey Awais...

A couple of years ago you posted some memorable pix of horseman (rodeo?) event in the Kathmandu valley (if my memory serves)...

Where was that and what time of year?... If I'm in the neighborhood next year, I'd like to see it...

Maybe consider reposting, others might enjoy them .....

Thanks

Hi Rags, that was tent pegging in various places in Pakistan. You can see in my gallery http://www.awais.smugmug.com/Photography/Tent-Pegging

Tent pegging is common cultural sport in Pakistan, in Punjab region. Usually it happens in springs season or to celebrate an event like sowing/harvesting of crops.

Trust you will enjoy the event with horses and music. If you ever planned a trip to Pakistan, do let me know.

Thanks

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2016
    Great album... thumb.gif

Pakistan.... hmmm... are they friendly towards Americans?

It's early for a trip (just got back from Tibet & Nepal) but it sounds interesting

What time of year for tent pegging? City? (location)

I might be able to include the location with southern India

Do flights go India - Pakistan?

Thanks Awais...
    Rags
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2016
    I really like all of these. I have an acquaintance that is teaching English as a Second Language in Ankara, but he rarely posts anything but selfies to social media rolleyes1.gif

These are neat to see, I especially like the intense look the vegetable vendor gave you and the humored look of the domino's watcher.... I also like the light of the fellow in the cafe in image 1.

Really neat stuff.... Is Ankara your home or visiting.... i'd love to see more of Turkey in this style. I see you posted a gallery for somebody else, i'll peruse your site from that link.

Thanks for sharing these.thumb.gif
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2016
    torags wrote: »
    Great album... thumb.gif

Pakistan.... hmmm... are they friendly towards Americans?

It's early for a trip (just got back from Tibet & Nepal) but it sounds interesting

What time of year for tent pegging? City? (location)

I might be able to include the location with southern India

Do flights go India - Pakistan?

Thanks Awais...

Hi, General public is tolerant toward foreigners, no issue. However, security threat is always high due to possible terror attacks. There is no fixed time mostly associated to spring arrival Feb-april, sometimes it is associated to some big events (independence day) no fixed time. Faisalabad Agriculture University in Faisalabad organizes it each year to celebrate arrival of spring season otherwise it happens around Punjab province in various villages regularly (if you want to experience village and more original experience) It also happens in Islamabad but its bit formal. You can take flight to Delhi, and take a bus/train to Lahore via Wahaga boarder which is another good place to see (flag ceremony) I think there are biweekly flights between Delhi (but airline sucks)

Message me when you have plan and tentative dates i will find more info and contact tent pegging clubs. Check this youtube video
    :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3s3a6iE0gA

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2016
    Wiren wrote: »
    I really like all of these. I have an acquaintance that is teaching English as a Second Language in Ankara, but he rarely posts anything but selfies to social media rolleyes1.gif

These are neat to see, I especially like the intense look the vegetable vendor gave you and the humored look of the domino's watcher.... I also like the light of the fellow in the cafe in image 1.

Really neat stuff.... Is Ankara your home or visiting.... i'd love to see more of Turkey in this style. I see you posted a gallery for somebody else, i'll peruse your site from that link.

Thanks for sharing these.thumb.gif
    I was a visitor, have been there thrice you can see images in gallery, its really a beautiful country with a lot to see
    http://www.awaisyaqub.com/Photography/Rush-Hour-in-Turkey-2012

thanks a lot for your comments and time :ivar

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2016
    Thanks a lot Awais, I may take you up on that

(if the chairman of the board - my wife; finds it attractive... :D)

Again thanks
    Rags