Options

Image Scrolling Problem

gatorussgatoruss Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited July 29, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I uploaded an image in full resolution. When I click on it the image is displayed in a size that fits the screen. However, when I then click the size icon and change the size to "original" or any size larger than the one initially displayed, I am unable to scroll thru the entire image. There is a scroll bar, and I can scroll thru part of the image, but not all of it.

This only seems to be the case with one particular image. Specifically, the photo of the rope swing exhibits this issue while the photo of the horse does not? See link below.

Any idea what might be going on?

http://photos.gatoruss.net/Test/n-PG76Bs

P.S. I have tried deleting and re-uploading the photo, with the same result.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited July 28, 2016
    I don't have a problem scrolling the original images of both photos.

Do you really think people will be viewing the original online? I find it more reasonable to look at the display size images and to be able to see the full image at once.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2016
    I don't have a problem scrolling the original images of both photos.

Do you really think people will be viewing the original online? I find it more reasonable to look at the display size images and to be able to see the full image at once.

--- Denise

Thanks for checking. Oddly, on my PC at work I have no scrolling problem on either firefox or IE. But on my home laptop I have the issue with just the one image (even if I zoom the browser in or out). I checked with the smugmug helpdesk and they indicated that they had the issue on some machines, but not others. Strange.

And, I actually do not want folks viewing original. Although I have had smugmug for a while, I am still learning my way around things and when I noticed this behavior I thought that I might have a setting wrong.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited July 29, 2016
    gatoruss wrote: »
    And, I actually do not want folks viewing original. Although I have had smugmug for a while, I am still learning my way around things and when I noticed this behavior I thought that I might have a setting wrong.
    If you don't want people viewing the original then you should set the Maximum Display Size in the PHOTO PROTECTION section of gallery settings to anything smaller than Original. This will prevent access to the original image while still using the original for printing.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2016
    If you don't want people viewing the original then you should set the Maximum Display Size in the PHOTO PROTECTION section of gallery settings to anything smaller than Original. This will prevent access to the original image while still using the original for printing.

--- Denise
    I will do that! Thanks.

BTW - I received an update from the help desk on my issue -- apparently it may be a "known bug" (in as much as the description of my issue seems to match a previously identified bug). No timeline currently as to when it might be fixed.