Options

Will this break my gallery links?

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited July 29, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi

If I move individual galleries into new folders I create, will that change the link for the galleries I move or will the gallery link itself stay the same? Currently I have several galleries in a single folder. I'd like to create a few more folders to better organize the galleries and I'll move the individual galleries out of that existing single folder into a few other folders.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited July 29, 2016
    Well maybe I just answered my own question. When I go to a folder with galleries and I click on a gallery in that folder, I see the link looks like this: websitename/foldername/galleryname
    So I guess what I want to do really will break the links I've already shared for the galleries in this existing single folder if I create sub-folders and move the galleries.
  • Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2016
    Yes, moving a gallery to a new location will break any existing links unfortunately, since the folder path is a part of that gallery URL.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2016
    rnrjosh wrote: »
    Yes, moving a gallery to a new location will break any existing links unfortunately, since the folder path is a part of that gallery URL.

Thanks