Standing Guard

TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited August 5, 2016 in People
First I know that the trigger finger is on the trigger and it was done on purpose.

Had a wonderful shoot with this strong lady.

28457872825_efd51d6d25_b.jpgBailey-20160718_DSC1027.jpg by tinstafl, on Flickr

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2016
    Tinstafl wrote: »
    First I know that the trigger finger is on the trigger and it was done on purpose.

Why in hell would you deliberately demonstrate unsafe firearms handling?

Sam
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2016
    Just because it was done "on purpose" does not make it correct from either a safety aspect, as Sam pointed-out, or from a contextual aspect.
    No real person, handling this firearm, would ever rest their finger on the trigger in this situation (or any other)... it is neither ergonomic nor practical... it just isn't done, except by models and the foolhardy.

Regarding the image...
    For me, the overall lighting is too harsh and the lighting on the face - fill-flash, dodging, reflector, however it was done - looks unnatural and out-of-sync with the light and shadow on the other parts of the model.
    The subject seems oddly placed in-frame.. rather low, and the high camera position compresses (shortens) the model... this also seems out-of-context with the theme of "warrior" or "strong lady".

jmo

Edit: I'm sorry if the feedback offered comes-off as pointed or terse, but, I am reminded of a comment made some time ago by The Anonymous Cuban... something to the effect that it
    is useless from a learning point-of-view, if comments consist of nothing but flattery... I wish the OP would return to the thread and have a constructive conversation, so that we all might benefit.

In general (with a few exceptions), there seems to be no appetite these days, for constructive give-and-take on DGrin... a loss, imo...
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2016
    If you must shoot at high noon, at least give us some thin DOF and bokeh.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2016
    I like the image, face is well lit despite the hat brim and the side light gives definition to the strong woman. Don't mind the lack of bokeh but it could have made her stand even stronger.