Options

Sony A7R & Nikon 24mm: Sunflower Seed Head

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
edited August 27, 2016 in Holy Macro
There were only two flowers, both close to a fence, beyond which is our neighbour’s greenhouse, with very old and fragile glass. With rather uneven ground on our side, and a wobbly stool to support me, I took no longer that was absolutely essential to frame and focus. So I cannot verify the exact closest focus position but I was a little too close for the near edge in the last image. The two close-ups have been checked for motion blur and are uncropped.

I show a crop (of processed image) of the first image to show the detail.

Exposures were by sunlight at f16 1/1000 sec at ISO 800. Shooting almost towards the sun, I did get a tiny hexagonal flare which was easily cropped out. I have used some digital fill to moderate shadows. (There is some minor dirt on the sensor).

Sony A7R (aperture priority), Nikon Nikkor-N Auto 24mm f:2.8 Non AI*, hand-held.

*http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/6070nikkor/wides/24mm.htm

Harold

1343712.jpg?ts=1472275242

1343713.jpg?ts=1472275242

1343714.jpg?ts=1472275242

1343715.jpg?ts=1472275242

1343716.jpg?ts=1472275242

Comments

• Options
    Eldon SheaEldon Shea Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2016
    It looks like you've hit on a sweet combination. Very nice color rendition. The A7R is a great camera. I don't see sensor dust, but that problem bedevils all mirrorless cameras. I always carry a bulb blower and give the sensor a couple of blasts every time I change lenses.

What does "non-AI" mean? I read the site you linked to but still don't know.
  • Options
    e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2016
    Eldon Shea wrote: »
    It looks like you've hit on a sweet combination. Very nice color rendition. The A7R is a great camera. I don't see sensor dust, but that problem bedevils all mirrorless cameras. I always carry a bulb blower and give the sensor a couple of blasts every time I change lenses.

What does "non-AI" mean? I read the site you linked to but still don't know.

Bryan,

I have cloned out the obvious dust but there is some tiny bits, e.g. to the right of the top of the left hand tree.

I am not a Nikon user, although I am happy to use whichever legacy lenses suit my purpose. This may help. AI is irrelvant to my stopped-down, fully manual use. All I need to know is that a lens which fit a particular adapter.

https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5366/~/what-is-the-difference-between-an-ai-lens,-an-ai-s-lens,-and-non-ai-lens%3F

Harold