Options

Quick Settings are not setting values as expected.

mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited September 6, 2016 in Bug Reporting
I've been having problems with creating galleries via Lightroom, where when I use the Quick Settings:
a) the values returned on the quick setting chosen when creating a gallery in Lightroom are not correct.
b) using the quick settings on a gallery in Smugmug directly does not set the values as they should be.

I have the latest plug in, just downloaded and still same issue.

In Smugmug itself, I edited a gallery and saved them as a quick setting. I went to another gallery and applied the quick settings but they were not the correct values.

The only thing I wonder about is when I save a Quick Setting, I use an existing name with the expectation is the values for that quick setting are replaced with the new settings.

Comments

• Options
    TysaxTysax Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    Hello,

We are aware of the issues with quick settings in the LR publisher. Our developer has been notified and we hope to have a solution as soon as possible. Check for updates in the Lightroom plugin manager under Smugmug.

If you have any additional questions, email us at the Smugmug help desk.
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Options
    mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure the quick setting also didn't work correctly directly within the Smugmug website.
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    mrhoni wrote: »
    The only thing I wonder about is when I save a Quick Setting, I use an existing name with the expectation is the values for that quick setting are replaced with the new settings.

As far as I can tell, you can't save to an existing name. An existing setting cannot be updated. You have to create a new one. But other than than that, though, quick settings do seem to act as they should for me.

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 28, 2014
    Jtring wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, you can't save to an existing name. An existing setting cannot be updated. You have to create a new one. But other than than that, though, quick settings do seem to act as they should for me.

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com

You can edit existing quicksetting by clicking this button...
    skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=970
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2014
    mrhoni wrote: »
    I've been having problems with creating galleries via Lightroom, where when I use the Quick Settings:
    a) the values returned on the quick setting chosen when creating a gallery in Lightroom are not correct.
    b) using the quick settings on a gallery in Smugmug directly does not set the values as they should be.

I have the latest plug in, just downloaded and still same issue.

In Smugmug itself, I edited a gallery and saved them as a quick setting. I went to another gallery and applied the quick settings but they were not the correct values.

The "values" returned is pretty vague...specifically which values ?

If Privacy, the quicksettings don't currently support the "Private" Privacy setting.

I need to update the LR plugin to remove that setting for quicksettings.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2014
    You can grab a patched version of the plugin from here
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    devbobo wrote: »
    You can edit existing quicksetting by clicking this button...
    skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=970

Ah, it took me a while to realize "this button..." is the two-dot button. I hadn't realized you could highlight a setting and then hit the two dot button to edit it. Useful functionality. Thanks. -- Jim Ringland
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2016
    devbobo wrote: »

If Privacy, the quicksettings don't currently support the "Private" Privacy setting.

Is that still the case?

The description in the help guide says "Quick Settings do not include passwords, gallery title, description, meta keywords, custom URL, feature image, or guest uploading" but I've tried under two accounts to save a quick setting that includes "Private only me" as the privacy level and it doesn't work. It reverts to 'unlisted' the next time that quick setting choice is used.
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited September 6, 2016
    We'll get the Help Page updated to mention that Quick Settings cannot set the visibility to Private -- thanks for reminding me about this.

"Private" was a feature we introduced with "New" SmugMug back in August 2013. Prior to that, the only options were "Public" and "Unlisted". To maintain backwards functionality between Old SmugMug and New SmugMug, it wasn't possible to add this to the Quick Settings. Now that Old SmugMug has been retired, I've passed this to Engineering to see if we can fix.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations