Options

does this abide by terms and conditions ?

babysitebabysite Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited November 29, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I am developing a *FREE* website, which will host baby websites, which will let users to create image galleries of their babies (customized), make announcements, create gift registries (amazon) etc. This will all be done on my own hosting service. Users pay absolutely nothing to me, may be google ads.

I plan to use Smugmug in the following areas:

I plan to become a Smugmug affiliate. Buy a pro account, use the web api's to upload images that come to my site (will have proper terms and conditions to cover copyright issues), and similarly use the api's to display images. Any image print request etc always go back to Smugmug. I can provide credit where ever needed on the website. Thus my website is for the most part an affiliate website, which not only has Smugmug ad banners, but also hosts images from Smugmug which will inturn redirect traffic to Smugmug (for printing images, etc). This is not a reselling service but just that images come from users of my website. Also nothing is going to be downloaded or saved, everything directly goes to the browser cache.

Does anything mentioned above contradict with the following passage of your terms and conditions ?
Smugmug grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it or any portion of it, except with the express written consent of Smugmug, inc. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Smugmug, inc. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Smugmug.

Also the web api will just be used to make sure the images go along with rest of my site and will in no way make it look like my website is a copy or partner to smugmug.

Comments

• Options
    Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    Possible partnership
    Hi Babysite,

I am currently working with many large and small companies to develop creative partnerships. To date, we have not allowed what you are proposing. That being said, we can take this conversation off line and possibly come up with a win/win relationship.

Email me when you get a chance with your information and we can talk live.

Thanks,
    Markham
    markham@smugmug.com

babysite wrote:
    I am developing a *FREE* website, which will host baby websites, which will let users to create image galleries of their babies (customized), make announcements, create gift registries (amazon) etc. This will all be done on my own hosting service. Users pay absolutely nothing to me, may be google ads.

I plan to use Smugmug in the following areas:

I plan to become a Smugmug affiliate. Buy a pro account, use the web api's to upload images that come to my site (will have proper terms and conditions to cover copyright issues), and similarly use the api's to display images. Any image print request etc always go back to Smugmug. I can provide credit where ever needed on the website. Thus my website is for the most part an affiliate website, which not only has Smugmug ad banners, but also hosts images from Smugmug which will inturn redirect traffic to Smugmug (for printing images, etc). This is not a reselling service but just that images come from users of my website. Also nothing is going to be downloaded or saved, everything directly goes to the browser cache.

Does anything mentioned above contradict with the following passage of your terms and conditions ?
    Smugmug grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it or any portion of it, except with the express written consent of Smugmug, inc. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Smugmug, inc. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Smugmug.

Also the web api will just be used to make sure the images go along with rest of my site and will in no way make it look like my website is a copy or partner to smugmug.
  • Options
    babysitebabysite Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 29, 2005
    Alright, have sent you an email.