Options

Can you use referrral credits to gift a new pro account?

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited November 29, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I'm wondering if you can use referral credits to gift a new pro account with no out-of-pocket cash? I read somewhere a description that discussed a gifting a standard account using referral credits, but didn't say anything about a power user or pro account.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    I'm wondering if you can use referral credits to gift a new pro account with no out-of-pocket cash? I read somewhere a description that discussed a gifting a standard account using referral credits, but didn't say anything about a power user or pro account.

Hi John,

Yep - sure thing! here's the gift link. The system will calculate what you owe, based on how much referral credit you have. So, for example, if one has two referral credits, the billed cost of a pro gift subscription would be $79.95 ($99.95 less $20). In the attached pic, you can see that if you have enough referral credits, the cost is $Free

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    Cool
    Andy wrote:
    Hi John,

Yep - sure thing! here's the gift link. The system will calculate what you owe, based on how much referral credit you have. So, for example, if one has two referral credits, the billed cost of a pro gift subscription would be $79.95 ($99.95 less $20). In the attached pic, you can see that if you have enough referral credits, the cost is $Free

Hope this helps!
    Cool. Finally something to do with my referral credits and an incentive to continue to care about earning any more. Now ... off to figure out who in the family might really use a smugmug account.

Is there any way to pre-buy more than one year?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    Cool. Finally something to do with my referral credits and an incentive to continue to care about earning any more. Now ... off to figure out who in the family might really use a smugmug account.

Is there any way to pre-buy more than one year?

I'm sorry - you can only pre-buy one year, presently. But we'll consider the option!

Now John ... here's something for you to chew on :food relative to the other part of your above post: "stay tuned......." mwink.gif