Options

Barber shop scene

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited October 3, 2016 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,925 moderator
    edited October 3, 2016
    Lots to look at here, which makes it interesting. The kid getting the haircut doesn't look very happy. I remember hating having my hair cut when I was a little kid, but I'll be damned if I know why--it wasn't like going to the dentist, after all. The reflections add a lot and there's what I think is a TV image as a bonus. The reflection just to the left of the barber had me scratching my head at first because it looked so strange. I finally figured out that it might be a kid on his mother's lap. At least that's my version, ne_nau.gif. Very rich image clap.gif.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2016
    Wonderful capture Cristóbal!
    As Richard said, lots of interest in the scene!
    Richard, I hated the buzz cuts my step-father made me get because all the cool kids were starting to sport longer hair... thanks to the Beatles!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2016
    Richard wrote: »
    Lots to look at here, which makes it interesting. The kid getting the haircut doesn't look very happy. I remember hating having my hair cut when I was a little kid, but I'll be damned if I know why--it wasn't like going to the dentist, after all. The reflections add a lot and there's what I think is a TV image as a bonus. The reflection just to the left of the barber had me scratching my head at first because it looked so strange. I finally figured out that it might be a kid on his mother's lap. At least that's my version, ne_nau.gif. Very rich image clap.gif.

Thanks for the comments Richard and Eric. I agree there's a lot to look at, including the reflections. It also took me a while to figure out the reflection to the left of the barber, it is the kid watching the TV on the far left who must be sitting on his mother's lap (we can only see her in the reflection). Some of the details I like include the old barber post, that must have been outside at some point of it's life, the rabbit antenna, and in general, the clutter all over the place.
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2016
    Love it overall, my only nit is that the barber is a distraction for me. Too central and drawing my eye in when there is so much to see. Otherwise like Richard & Eric said it is a great image!
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2016
    bike21 wrote: »
    Love it overall, my only nit is that the barber is a distraction for me. Too central and drawing my eye in when there is so much to see. Otherwise like Richard & Eric said it is a great image!

Thanks for the comment. I understand what you say, however I like how he hides the reflection partially and makes you guess what's going on. I didn't have much choice anyway :D!
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2016
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks for the comment. I understand what you say, however I like how he hides the reflection partially and makes you guess what's going on. I didn't have much choice anyway :D!

Thus the joy of street photography :) Cheers!