Mini Challenge #235 ~ Coffee

Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited October 29, 2016 in The Dgrin Challenges
For this Mini Challenge please post anything to do with coffee.

Coffee beans, coffee grinders, coffee makers, people drinking coffee, etc. etc. :)

This Mini will run for two weeks from today, Tuesday Oct 11th, to Tuesday Oct 25th, at 9:00 pm PST ~ Saskatchewan Time.

Cheers, Don

################################################## ##############
OUR UN-OFFICIAL GENERAL RULES
1. Have fun sharing and seeing what others share!
2. The host supplies a topic and YOU POST 1-3 IMAGES. The host judges the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and is not eligible to enter. The 1st place winner becomes the next host, chooses the next topic and becomes the next judge.
3. Any photo you’ve taken is eligible, regardless of when taken or camera used.
4. Any amount of post-processing is allowed. However, it is helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo.
5. You may comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you some critique or criticism, just ask within your post.
6. The winner has up to three days (72 hours) to begin a new mini-challenge, or the honor goes to the #2 finisher and so forth.

Guidelines:
1. Enter 1-3 photos and put them in a single post.
2. Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).
3. Also try and re-size your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (~800 pixels on the longest side works best.)
4. Give each image you enter a title.
5. Enjoy discussion with members about their images, don't let this just be an entry thread!
6. When quoting a post, change the IMG urls to a 200x200 size picture so it is clear your post is feedback and not another entry. (See here for help).
7. Don't be hesitant; share 'em and enter!

Mini-Challenge pointers:
1. Upon winning a mini-challenge round, your first step is coming up with a new theme and starting a new thread using the same format as others have used.
2. Make sure to notify the admin of this thread to update the main thread links with your entry thread.
3. Feel free to watch the thread as it grows or wait to the end time and look at all the entries all at once.
4. After the time/date has passed, then officially close the thread with a single post notifying everyone of the fact.
5. After you're finished judging, start a new thread (again using the prior formats) and post your Winner and runners-up. It is important to have runners up in case the winner does not show within the 72-hour window.
6. PM the winner with this info above and let them know they have 72 hours to set up the next mini-challenge.
7. If the winner does not show/start the next mini-challenge after 72 hours, notify the next runner-up and post a message on the Winner thread of the fact.
8. Remember, if you're the Winner, you run the next mini challenge!

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 11, 2016
    One of my favorite subjects...mmmmm coffee! Here are just for fun examples, not for final judging as always.

I have a good one on my phone too, but am currently out of my state and unable to access it to get it into an album.
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2016
    Great theme, so many different possibilities!

Here's my three:

1: Quiet coffee moment in Madrid
    PEG_Nex_00341_20111105-2.jpg

2: Excess cappuccino
    PEG_A850_06833_20120401-2.jpg

3: I love coffee
    PEG_A6000_1_8354_20160910.jpg
    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2016
    This will be a hard one. We don't drink coffee. (not from any religious reason)
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2016
    What a nice, great subject and idea for a challenge!!! clap.gif

I'll have to dig :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2016
    How many things can you find wrong in this photo

1. Coffee and Banana plantations in Costa Rica as painted by an Italian who has never been to Costa Rica
    rupMBxj2sOD6D1dwCOLgeCq0LAW_3PSdwPqu0kEvfGNGBHXVJihN-1iP1NA59bots06nnz29jQ3VKRc=w4518-h2542-no

This is a ceiling mural in the opera house in San Jose. There are at least two significant errors - at least one for coffee. The banana errors are that bananas would never be carried that way (a hand of bananas is way to heavy for that). It is slung over the shoulder. And the bananas are painted upside down. Bananas grow up the stalk the opposite way that someone would do shingles.

2. Coffee growing in Hawaii
    19wQELKqKhtu6RHgGfcBMxiDA-zR5lrbrnIZGFwDjL7Q1Gt1J4RDkERmjw4EwkB50CrgwtZN7cNjGlg=w4519-h2542-no

3. Coffee House in Seattle

eumLZ94dD0OxhRHRXpfBv9ZP1XE_F4b0FjRF5rh90WiGLp3J6SSQdQ9ARn23UfoahfuCHu8fd0Mmds4=w4519-h2542-no

I was tempted to use a photo of my daughter riding Cafe au Lait (her pony who was a chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail) but I thought that might be a little TOO far out. Plus the only good photo I have of them is black and white so it wouldn't show his color
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited October 12, 2016
    I just remembered taking this photo in Stockholm in mid-April, partly because everyone was sitting outside, welcoming the sunshine while sipping coffee - warmly dressed. Found a couple more that may fit this fun theme.

1. Hello Sunshine (springtime in Sweden)
    i-2P5vQZ2-XL.jpg

2. Cafe Cups (Homer, Alaska)
    i-C7W8HgB-XL.jpg

3. Coffee and Watercolors (Brussels, Belgium)
    i-RMwVQHq-XL.jpg
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2016
    OK, I found some... :), so here is my contribution:

1. Coffee cup at Holiday Inn

Coffee cup at Holiday Inn

2. Coffee plant in Boquete, Panama

3. Buying coffee at the "merkado" in Ajijic, Mexico

Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • ForceGhostForceGhost Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2016
  • Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2016
    Thanks All for your submissions, this challenge is now closed !

I'll post the winners later today.

Cheers, Don
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 29, 2016
    I have sent a message to Don to see what the hold up is. I'm hoping that all is well with him and his family. Thank you all for your patience.