Options

configureplug-in in LR when start

fotopaulmartensfotopaulmartens Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited October 15, 2016 in Bug Reporting
Every time i start Lightroom I am asked to configure the system for the SM plug-in.
And i have confirm that.

Lightroom CC
and plugin 3.0.2.0

Comments

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2016
    That's odd. Is it successfully configuring and working?

It should ask that for each Catalog, but not for each time you start it, I think.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 6, 2016
    Are you using Windows?

I've heard some reports of Windows 7 users having problems with the Lightroom Plugin. If you receive the following error message, you need to register Lightroom with Windows 7 itself.
    Lightroom needs to configure your system for the SmugMug plug-in

Go to the start menu and type "cmd"
    Right click on the Command Prompt item (cmd.exe on Windows 7) and select "Run as Administrator". This will require an administrator to approve the action.
    Type the following including quotes into the command prompt (adjusting for the correct installation path):
    "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe" -register
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2016
    I am having the same problem on Windows 7. Every time I start up AND every time I upload (even if I am not uploading to SmugMug - can be Facebook uploader, export to desktop, etc), it says, "Lightroom needs to configure your system for the SmugMug plug-in."

I tried the cmd thing you posted and used the path of my Lightroom.exe (which is G:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe" -register) but it didn't work. ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 13, 2016
    Hmm... our Lightroom Developer is on vacation right now and is really the only one who might have an idea on what's causing this or what the problem is. I've left a message from him and we'll get back to you as SOON as we can - realizing that making you wait for him to get back doesn't solve the problem.

Did you make sure to run it as an administrator? It seems that the command worked every time for people (according to Google) when they ran it as admin, but didn't work if they didn't run it as admin. JFriedl also suggests uninstalling/re-installing Lightroom, though I realize this is a total pain.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2016
    leftquark wrote: »
    Hmm... our Lightroom Developer is on vacation right now and is really the only one who might have an idea on what's causing this or what the problem is. I've left a message from him and we'll get back to you as SOON as we can - realizing that making you wait for him to get back doesn't solve the problem.

Did you make sure to run it as an administrator? It seems that the command worked every time for people (according to Google) when they ran it as admin, but didn't work if they didn't run it as admin. JFriedl also suggests uninstalling/re-installing Lightroom, though I realize this is a total pain.

I did run as an admin, but now I am thinking I might have left out a quotation mark eek7.gif
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    RandallMorterRandallMorter Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 15, 2016
    Me Too - I have this issue
    I have tried the cmd registration, as an admin both with LR (Lightrom) running and not running, and continue to get the pop-up dialog. It doesn't matter if I clidk the "OK" or "Cancel" button, the pop-up will be displayed on subsequent starts of LR. Any other help?
    Lightroom CC 2015.7 ACR 9.7
    Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit