England v New Zealand Rugby

bluesman grahambluesman graham Registered Users Posts: 254 Major grins
edited November 6, 2016 in Sports
Hello all,

I covered an International rugby game at the weekend & this image was used submitted as a colour jpeg but printed in B&W!
The image looked very flat so I've personally "played" with the image to add some "depth", has this transcribed into the image in your more expert opinion?, if not please feel free to show me where I've gone wrong!.

I've converted to b&w then altered colour channels along with contrast & brightness & added 30% sharpening @ 0.7. Thanks in advance for any comments or help. Kind regards Graham.

GAC_8485_zpst0nzz0nm.jpg
Graham.

C&C most welcome

Nikon D3s,D3, D2hs x2 Nikkor 70-200 2.8, Nikkor 24-70 2.8, Nikkor AF-SII 300 2.8, Nikkor 1.4 & 1.7 converters etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluesmangraham/

Comments

• jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2016
    Looks good to me! The content and composition is already compelling though, but I like this b&w conversion.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • bluesman grahambluesman graham Registered Users Posts: 254 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2016
    Thank you Jack. Regards Graham.
    Graham.

C&C most welcome

Nikon D3s,D3, D2hs x2 Nikkor 70-200 2.8, Nikkor 24-70 2.8, Nikkor AF-SII 300 2.8, Nikkor 1.4 & 1.7 converters etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluesmangraham/
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2016
    I think the conversion is very nice, and picture is excellent. First reaction was a bit too much contrast/dark areas but the more I look the more I like it. Would love to see a large print of that.

I caught the end of Ireland beating the All Blacks last night--first time in 29(?) years! Then the USA Eagles played the Maori All Blacks in Chicago and got crushed. Eagles are just re-grouping for the season now and were missing some starters, but still it was a whipping.

First collegiate league games for full 15's start here in January, can't wait.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2016
    Really good capture with an appropriate conversion

Good work
    Rags