Options

Mushroom Family Group In Wooden Valley

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
edited November 8, 2016 in Holy Macro
This group was difficult to light, being in a very concave half tunnel in a rotten log in a deciduous wood.

Olympus EM-1, Olympus 4/3 digital 50mm f2 macro ED at f18, triple TTL RC flash, hand-held.

Harold

1373867.jpg?ts=1478328185

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2016
    Lovely shot- like the light
    Brian v.
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2016
    Lovely shot- like the light
    Brian v.

Thanks, Brian.

Sometimes limitations turn into benefits.

Harold
  • Options
    piggsypiggsy Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2016
    Looks good! How are you enjoying the 50/2 so far?
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2016
    piggsy wrote: »
    Looks good! How are you enjoying the 50/2 so far?

Thanks. Essentially, I am giving it every chance to show what it can do. I have just invested in a fully-connective extension tube to give 1:1 (2-1 with crop). The full aperture focusing option is a plus and a minus, the latter being lack of DOF, but I have now set up preview on a button. It will probably displace the Kiron 105 where working distance is not critical. I like the idea of a more liifelike perspective. I have the x1.4 TC for a bit more distance.

The big negative is that, if I get a bit too close to the subject, or in some other circumstances, the AF hunts and the shutter may fire with nothing in focus.

This brings me almost full circle. In the 1980s I got into macro with a Tamron SP 90mm 2.5 macro and a x2 TC. That took me through to my first years with digital. The Kiron was obtained when I was looking for an affordable update to the Tamron.

Harold