Options

Switching email host

Russ from MaineRuss from Maine Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 26, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I have an old email address that is the one I use for one of my business and is the link for my smugmug login and lots other web business. I have had the same host for a dozen years but I pay a lot every month just for them to host my email. They were my internet service provider at one time. It is now time warner/spectrum. I have a gmail but want to keep my russphotos@exploremaine.com address. Any sjggestions how to keep my same address but swap hosts to be cheaper.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited November 26, 2016
    You can transfer your URL to a new internet provider. Look on the new provider's site for information on how to set up a domain transfer.

The email associated with your URL will move with the domain (although you will need to specify the actual email address when you set up the account). Some providers charge for email, some do not.

For example, I just looked at Google Domains. The website indicates that hosting at Google Domains includes the following at no extra cost:
    Email forwarding (forwarding of email aliases @<your domain>)

I also looked at register.com and saw that single user email is currently $39.90 per year.

There are many other domain hosts out there, it would probably be worth some research to find the one that best matches your needs.

--- Denise