Options

Is Smugmug having Backbone problems?

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited November 30, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Since yesterday I've have very slow speeds when trying to work with my Smugmug page. Almost like I'm running on a modem. At home I'm on DSL and at work I'm on T3 and I'm getting same results.

Just curious if anyone else noticed or is there maintenance going on?

kc7dji

Comments

• Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    kc7dji wrote:
    Since yesterday I've have very slow speeds when trying to work with my Smugmug page. Almost like I'm running on a modem. At home I'm on DSL and at work I'm on T3 and I'm getting same results.

Just curious if anyone else noticed or is there maintenance going on?

kc7dji
    I can't even access my site right now, I also had speed issues yesterday.

James.
  • Options
    HDVideoHDVideo Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    I can't even access my site right now, I also had speed issues yesterday.

James.
    Same here. I was working on some mods to my site and everything slowed to a crawl and can't get in at all now. It was working OK for me yesterday as over 1000 images were uploaded!

Ed
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    HDVideo wrote:
    Same here. I was working on some mods to my site and everything slowed to a crawl and can't get in at all now. It was working OK for me yesterday as over 1000 images were uploaded!

Ed
    Ah, so YOU broke it!

James.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    I agree... 1000 images... he must have taken my bandwidth also...rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    None that I can see ne_nau.gif I'm in NY and hitting all sorts of SmugMug sites fine - and uploading as well.

I will ask the guys when CA is online.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    HaHa...there the other half of the problem. Andy's sucking up the rest of the bandwidth to NY. You'd think that me being in St.Louis I'd be able to cut him off but his photos are so much better than mine that the bandwidth police must be looking.

kc7dji
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    On a serious note: I'm at work on a Corporate network and I know we have multiple T3 lines. I clicked on "Control Panel" and it took 56 seconds for me to get the screen back. This started sometime yesterday. If that helps at all.

kc7dji

Andy wrote:
    None that I can see ne_nau.gif I'm in NY and hitting all sorts of SmugMug sites fine - and uploading as well.

• Options
    dashphotographydashphotography Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    I'm having problems too. I checked my site yesterday and nothing will come up. I have www.dashphotography through godaddy.com I have always had the domain forwarded to http://dashphotography.smugmug.com

when I type in my godaddy url..nothing happens. If I type in the smugmug URL...it did not come up at first..and now is coming up really slow.

Anyone know if anything changed at godaddy? It looks like my domain is still parked on servers 9&10 I have sent them an email as well...I just can't tell what side the error is on. Any help would be great! Thanks! Shawn.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    Yeah - something's up right now, please stay tuned while we get on it....

Thanks in advance for your patience!
  • Options
    OlgaJOlgaJ Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Andy wrote:

Please do, Andy.

I'm on Comcast cable from Dallas, and pages are excrutiatingly slow in coming up. Sometimes up to 2-3 minutes.

Olga
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    OK, I've waked up California :uhoh and the guys are on it. Standby, please, for further info.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    I'm having problems too. I checked my site yesterday and nothing will come up. I have www.dashphotography through godaddy.com I have always had the domain forwarded to http://dashphotography.smugmug.com

when I type in my godaddy url..nothing happens. If I type in the smugmug URL...it did not come up at first..and now is coming up really slow.

Anyone know if anything changed at godaddy? It looks like my domain is still parked on servers 9&10 I have sent them an email as well...I just can't tell what side the error is on. Any help would be great! Thanks! Shawn.
    I don't think Go Daddy is the problem...
    Just tried to access my smugmug site and it won't come up at all.
    Tried several other smugmug sites and NOTHING.

Are changes being made again??? If so an advance heads up would SURE be nice since I just e-mailed several links to customers who are probably trying to access them as I type. :uhoh
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    Thanks for the fast response Andy... And Smugmug.

Andy wrote:
    OK, I've waked up California :uhoh and the guys are on it. Standby, please, for further info.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    Cindy wrote:
    I don't think Go Daddy is the problem...
    Just tried to access my smugmug site and it won't come up at all.
    Tried several other smugmug sites and NOTHING.

Are changes being made again??? If so an advance heads up would SURE be nice since I just e-mailed several links to customers who are probably trying to access them as I type. :uhoh
    It's back again... at least at this very moment.
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    Cindy wrote:

No, not at the moment, Cindy.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    I just checked mine and it's working as it should... very fast :)clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    Way cool... a messege center - lol
    Andy wrote:
    No, not at the moment, Cindy.
    Thanks Andy. Once it was back up I noticed I have a brand new messege center
    rolleyes1.gifclap.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Then after reading through DGRIN I found out it's been there a couple days & I Never even saw it.

Anyway... the messege center is pretty cool. I still think I'd rather they came to my inbox but this works.

Thanks for all the hard work you'll do and whatever is going on with accessing the sites I hope it's minor, easily & soon fixed. My site accessability is coming and going moment to moment.

Have a great day all... time for me to get some work done. :):
  • Options
    dashphotographydashphotography Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    thanks. whew...at least now when I type in my www.dashphotgraphy.com url my site is coming up. I've stated this in the past but when something with our smugmug url is up that may affect our forwarding from my url at godaddy..

It would always be nice for the system to default to a "This site is currently under going a maint update..please try again later" instead of a blank white screen or absolutely nothing happening at all. I thought it was go daddy's side and have been sending them emails since last night thinking something happened with the fowarding they were doing.

If the smugmug site goes down....please please make it say something default like that! I've seen it before..it's just not automatic or consistant.