Options

Organizer- Show thumbs & filenames?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited December 2, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Using Chrome browser on Win 10 PC. In Organizer for gallery, clicking on Show Thumbnails and Filenames icon does not show filenames? Please advise. Thanks.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2016
    Did not see any replies to my post. But think I have found the problem.

But think I have found the apparent Chrome extension culprit that was preventing filenames from displaying under thumbs in Organizer gallery page when the 'show filenames' icon was selected. After disabling all Chrome extensions and enabling one at a time, the problem was surprisingly the 'Unofficial Smugmug Extension for Chrome. When this ext is enabled, the Organizer thumbnail filenames won't disappear immediately but only when the Organizer page is reloaded. Disabling the ext and reloading the Organizer page will display the filenames after reloading page again.

Hope this will help others using Chrome and the SM extension if they find the same problem. Hope Smugmug can find a fix for this as the Chrome ext is a very handy one.

Workstation: Desktop PC, Dell Intel Core i7, Windows 10, Chrome browser.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited December 2, 2016
    I think this more a case of needing Sherlock Photography to update the plugin so that it works with the improvements we've made to the Organizer.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations