DGrin Upgrade on December 6 / Will Be in Read-Only Mode

leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
edited December 5, 2016 in Dgrin Forum Support
Dear DGrin Users,
Since we all love Digital Grin (or DGrin for short) so much, we thought it was time to use the holidays as an excuse and get it something nice: a software upgrade!

DGrin will be moving to new software on December 6, 2016. During that time, DGrin will be placed in Read-Only mode and no new posts will be accepted until the software upgrade is complete.

All your favorite forums, threads, and posts will be moved to the new software and you'll login using the same username and password as you always have.

What Can You Expect?
- DGrin will be in Read-Only mode for ~12-24 hours starting in the morning of December 6, 2016 (Eastern Standard Time).
- DGrin will be back online after the upgrade is complete.
- When back online, DGrin will move away from the old vBulletin software and move to Vanilla Forums.
- You will login with the same username and password.
- Things might look a little different, but it should have all the basic functionality you've had already!
- We'll continue to improve DGrin on the new platform once we've made the move.

If you have any questions, please post here and the admins and moderators will do our best to answer.
dGrin Afficionado
Former SmugMug Product Team
aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations

Comments

• grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2016
    It isn't a question, but I am completely unable to modify a title if I misspell a word. I hope in the new software there is some way to fix the title.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 1, 2016
    grandmaR wrote: »
    It isn't a question, but I am completely unable to modify a title if I misspell a word. I hope in the new software there is some way to fix the title.

Yup! We currently have it set to be able to edit for the first hour after you post, and you can definitely edit the title!
    Smug since 2003
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited December 5, 2016
    I think I may know the answers, but just to be sure:
    • Will we use the same URL to access the new version?
    • Will old links we may have bookmarked break?
    • Will we need to clear Dgrin cookies in our browsers?
    edited December 5, 2016
    Richard wrote: »
    I think I may know the answers, but just to be sure:
    • Will we use the same URL to access the new version?
    • Will old links we may have bookmarked break?
    • Will we need to clear Dgrin cookies in our browsers?

1) Yup, just come back here to Dgrin.com and poof... it will be new and shiny!

2) Should all just work. *Should* being the key word here!

3) Nope! You'll be asked to log in again and generate new cookies, but they won't overlap with old cookies at all.
    Smug since 2003
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I can't post a foto, it just lists the foto's address. How Do I solve that?

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

@willard3 said:
    I can't post a foto, it just lists the foto's address. How Do I solve that?

The easiest option is to use the little image tool right above the post you are composing. It actually looks like a page, it is the far right icon. Clicking on that will open a little overlay allowing you to put in an image link and it will embed it for you!

Smug since 2003