Breadcrumbs in galleries not displaying?

aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins

I did a little searching here but didn't find anything recent, hopefully this isn't a repeated question.

Has anyone else noticed that the breadcrumbs aren't showing in their galleries? They seem to be fine / normal as I move down through folders but when I get to the bottom gallery only the home icon shows. I did see the html for the links that are supposed to show is in the markup but didn't have time to figure out what CSS was messing up the display.

Thanks for any assistance.

Andy

Comments

• aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins

Sorry, I should have included that I am on Firefox on Win 10 and Win 7 when the problem shows.

IE and Chrome seem fine on both Win 7 and 10. Edge / Win10 sucks but renders fine.

a.s.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

I see the problem on your site in Firefox. I don't see it on my site though; the breadcrumb is fully displayed in my galleries on all browsers. I know, that doesn't solve your problem, but at least it's another data point.

• aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins

Thanks for looking, Denise. I tried different gallery styles and looked through my custom CSS and it didn't seem to be caused by anything I've done or can easily change.

After taking a second look, I think the parent "UL" has a display: -webkit-box that is affecting things. When I disable that rule via the F12 developer tools the breadcrumbs show up ok... I doubt that is the actual solution / intended functionality, but maybe that give someone @ Smugmug a place to start.

.sm-gallery-cover .sm-breadcrumbs {
    display: block;
    font-weight: 300;
    height: 48px;
    left: 0;
    line-height: 48px;
    margin: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    position: relative;
    right: 0;
    display: -webkit-box;
    -webkit-line-clamp: 1;
    -webkit-box-orient: vertical;
    }

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

We just pushed a fix for this. Let me know if you still have any issues

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • EmmEmm Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    I'm having this problem too - no breadcrumb links on any galleries, although they appear on the folders pages.
    I'm using a mac and have tried both safari and chrome.
    Also - I can't get a single theme working throughout my site, even though I choose the theme sitewide (the SM light), it only appears on folders, and leave the galleries on the dark background.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi Emm and welcome to DGrin!
    Can you post a link to your SmugMug site so we can take a look? If you're having trouble including a link, simply remove the http:// in front of it and just include yourname.smugmug.com

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Thanks rainforest. My account is password protected though (family photos) ... although I'm not sure if that actually works!

I have set a password for this folder so you can take a look:
    smugmug.com/Travel/Asia/Myanmar-2016/n-Qw6Mv6 psswd hello

Apart from the breadcrumbs and theme problems, I can't seem to get any folder/gallery settings to remain as specified ... I set them as I want, but they revert to some sort of default. This is happening constantly and is very frustrating.

@Emm said:
    I have set a password for this folder so you can take a look:

smugmug.com/Travel/Asia/Myanmar-2016/n-Qw6Mv6 psswd hello

Apart from the breadcrumbs and theme problems, I can't seem to get any folder/gallery settings to remain as specified ... I set them as I want, but they revert to some sort of default. This is happening constantly and is very frustrating.

Based on the URL you provided - smugmug.com as opposed to yoursite.smugmug.com - I suspect you have set your galleries to have the hide owner property set to yes.

Check your gallery settings. In the SECURITY & SHARING section, make sure that Hide Owner is set to no.

From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93131-can-i-hide-the-account-owner-information-for-a-gallery-:

Hide Owner will remove the nickname from your URL and make it completely SmugMug.
    Your custom Banner will be replaced with the SmugMug banner. This will also remove all customization on the page.
    Links to your homepage won't appear, only the gallery name will.

edited January 1, 2017
    Yeh ... I'm confused ! lol
    I'll check that now - thanks. :)

One reason I'm having problems is that "site-wide" settings are seemingly not implemented.

I have set the account settings>privacy to "People with password" because it's a family photo site
    Then I set Discovery>site visibility to "no" and "no - make me an island"

I then go to organise>my home page>settings>security and sharing ... and select visibility = anyone and access=anyone

However - this allows me to access only down 2 level of folders - the third level of folders and galleries are hidden.
    This is even though the bulk gallery setting shows visibility is public and access is anyone ....

Actually - I'm really confused cause I used to be able to access all my folders and galleries before changing the hide owner settings
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

Hi Emm,
    Could you send me a private message (or if you're comfortable, just post here) with the homepage to your site, so I can take a look? The URL you provided gives a 404 for me, so I think you may have left part of the URL off.

@denisegoldberg: wouldn't a "Hide Owner" URL show less of the URL structure? I think she just left her nickname out of the URL.

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
    edited January 1, 2017

@leftquark said:
    @denisegoldberg: wouldn't a "Hide Owner" URL show less of the URL structure? I think she just left her nickname out of the URL.

@leftquark -
    ah, you're right - I just saw the smugmug.com without a leading site name and my mind immediately jumped to hide owner issues. But I just verified that with hide owner turned on she would have lost the folder name too. Sorry for causing confusion!

edited January 2, 2017
    I can't see how to send a pm ....

All I want is a site where visitors can input the password on the homepage and then have access to everything.
    At the moment I have set the sitewide access using the account settings to password protected, my home page visibility and access to anyone (I'm thinking the sitewide protection will cover this)....

OK - I think I have sorted out my problems ... :)