Options

My favorite walk

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited December 5, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
oct.%2007%20mountains%20070-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2016
    This is a beautiful fall moment, worthy of being printed large and on canvas!
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2016
    Good one , timely & well taken
    Rags
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited November 21, 2016
    Wonderful! The fog is magical.

--- Denise
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2016
    Beautiful mood, colors and composition. I agree with Denise - the fog is perfect.
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2016
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Beautiful mood, colors and composition. I agree with Denise - the fog is perfect.

15524779-Ti.gif
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2016
    OrvSal wrote: »
    This is a beautiful fall moment, worthy of being printed large and on canvas!

Thanks, Orv. I had this shot printed up 20 x 30 on canvas. I'm still not certain how it happened, but a niece of mine talked me out of it. I'll print it again but I think even a little larger this time.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2016
    torags wrote: »
    Good one , timely & well taken

I appreciate you looking in, Rags, and thanks for your support.

See you,

Tom
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2016
    Wonderful! The fog is magical.

--- Denise

It's always nice to have you visit, Denise. It truly was a magical scene. In all my years of walking that lake trail, I've never caught it, until then, when both the colors and fog were each making such bold statements.

Stay safe,

Tom
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2016
    Cavalier wrote: »

Thanks, Jo. I really appreciate you taking the time to look in and for your support.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif

Hey, guy. I know you're on one of your extended trips so many thanks for taking the time to comment.

Be careful out there,

Tom
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2016
    Wonderful shot, very peaceful.clap.gifclap
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2016
    Super Tom!
    Especially inviting... wish I was there...
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2016
    Juano wrote: »
    Wonderful shot, very peaceful.clap.gifclap

Thanks, Cristóbal. I fled to the mountains to escape hurricane Matthew. Scenes like this helped me keep my mind off things going on back in Florida.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2016
    Earache wrote: »
    Super Tom!
    Especially inviting... wish I was there...

I appreciate the visit, Eric. Unless I'm day-tripping away from the mountain house, I try and make this lake hike every afternoon. It's good for the soul.

See you, buddy,

Tom
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2016
    Dream capture Tom!clap.gifbow
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Dream capture Tom!clap.gifbow

Thanks, Taz. Your support means a lot to me.

Stay safe, my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2016
    Wow. A lovely scene, very well captured. I'd walk there a lot too!
  • Options

@Cornflake said:
    Wow. A lovely scene, very well captured. I'd walk there a lot too!

Thanks, Don. The scene is Bass Lake, a part of the Moses Cone estate near Blowing Rock, NC. There are many other trails to follow within the estate but this lake trek is my favorite. The walk around the lake is about one mile in distance....a couple of loops a day keeps the doctor away.

Stay safe,

Tom

• Options
    Bobcat132Bobcat132 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    So greatly captured atmosphere here. I think I can almost smell the air :) Great job
  • Options

@Bobcat132 said:
    So greatly captured atmosphere here. I think I can almost smell the air :) Great job

Thanks for the visit. The photo gods were good to me that day.

Tom

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins

Beautiful image, Tom! Sorry I missed it earlier. Looks like it's right up the road from me, I'll have to check it out.

• Options

@moose135 said:
    Beautiful image, Tom! Sorry I missed it earlier. Looks like it's right up the road from me, I'll have to check it out.

It's good to hear from you, John. I'm sure you've stopped in to the manor home on the Moses Cone property. If you're standing on the front porch of the house and look straight out and down, that lake you see way in the distance is Bass Lake. You enter in to the lake area from Hwy. 221. It's just outside of Blowing Rock.

• Options

I know exactly the spot you mean, Tom. I've taken 221 back and forth from the BRP a couple of times, too.

• Options

@moose135 said:
    I know exactly the spot you mean, Tom. I've taken 221 back and forth from the BRP a couple of times, too.

Shame on us, John, if we don't get together up there. I wish I hadn't gotten waylaid on the Daytona deal. I'm going to be around Boone from this coming June 10th to July 10th. I'll stay in touch and see if we can't pull something off.

See you, buddy,

Tom

• Options

We certainly will have to get together, Tom. I'm doing the Rolex again in January, maybe we can work something out.