Options

Watermarking is sloooow today

OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins

Wowee in all of the years I have been with SmugMug I have never had it take several hours to watermark one image before. I was just about to give up and post a bug report when all of a sudden my watermark finally showed up on one file, now I just have to wait a few more hours for the watermark to show on the second file I uploaded two hours later to try to figure out why it wasn't working on the first one.

So if anyone else is having problems with watermarking today, be aware that it's just incredible slow today.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee

@OffTopic said:
    Wowee in all of the years I have been with SmugMug I have never had it take several hours to watermark one image before. I was just about to give up and post a bug report when all of a sudden my watermark finally showed up on one file, now I just have to wait a few more hours for the watermark to show on the second file I uploaded two hours later to try to figure out why it wasn't working on the first one.

So if anyone else is having problems with watermarking today, be aware that it's just incredible slow today.

We're chasing down the problem here. Everything is processing "normally" in that there are no bugs or system crashes, but obviously not speedy the way we expect it to be.

I think what happened is that a customer managed to get a LOT of images in the watermarking queue. I'm hearing it's almost back to normal now, and clearing out the backlog quickly. Sorry, you shouldn't have to wait for stuff like this. :disappointed:

Smug since 2003
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins

Thanks Ben, appreciate the update!