Spokane's Riverfront park

Jester243Jester243 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins

Riverfront park looking toward the pavilion and clock tower, the pavilion was built for the 1974 worlds fair that Spokane hosted. Spokane is beginning a lot of construction in the park to give it a refresh, I sincerely hope views like this are not lost when they are done.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Lovely wintery scene! The tower, is it tilted or is that wide angle distortion? Can't tell!

• Jester243Jester243 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2016

@Stumblebum said:
    Lovely wintery scene! The tower, is it tilted or is that wide angle distortion? Can't tell!

a little distortion that I liked in the photo and a little of it being slightly not leveled. I struggled with this a bit, when it was perfectly level it just looked a little weird to me so I ended up settling on this version.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Very nice, Dan. Love the golden tower against the almost monochromatic scene. I'm with Taz that a little vertical perspective adjustment to straighten the tower would make this shot even better.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Very nice capture. good comp, and exposure seems spot on. I'm with Joel and Taz, I would prefer the tower straightened. I pass through Spokane all the time, but haven't been back to that spot since the fair.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Jester243Jester243 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins

@kdog said:
    Very nice, Dan. Love the golden tower against the almost monochromatic scene. I'm with Taz that a little vertical perspective adjustment to straighten the tower would make this shot even better.

@roaddog52 said:
    Very nice capture. good comp, and exposure seems spot on. I'm with Joel and Taz, I would prefer the tower straightened. I pass through Spokane all the time, but haven't been back to that spot since the fair.

Phil

I agree with you guys, the more I look at it the more I want to go back and reshoot it