Options

Vertex Beanbag - Love

LadyJemimaLadyJemima Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
This was one of my Christmas gifts and I had a chance to try it out today. Loving it for shooting birds using my car as a blind. It's crazy heavy but gives great stability. I know some photographs say to just make their own version of this -- I'm curious if others have tried this product (I love it) or make their own?

Comments

• Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins

Looks like a reasonable bit of kit, if you want to shoot from a vehicle. It'd be interesting to see if it's the same as Art. Morris recommends, as I've seen reference to such items at Birds as Art in the past?
    Totally useless to me, for water / low level shooting (+ the fact I don't use a car) and if I did start using the car, I'd probably attach a hinged plate to the inside of the door, which allowed use of a standard beanbag /support.

pp

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,809 moderator

The "V2 Molar Bean Bag" looks quite nice, but it's the results that matter. Would love to see some images that you might wish to share, which used this device.

BTW, in olden days we used bean bags filled with lead shot for both rifles and for telephoto lens stability. Talk about "crazy heavy". (... And yes, they were homemade.)

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    LadyJemimaLadyJemima Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    > @ziggy53 said:
    > The "V2 Molar Bean Bag" looks quite nice, but it's the results that matter. Would love to see some images that you might wish to share, which used this device.
    >
    > BTW, in olden days we used bean bags filled with lead shot for both rifles and for telephoto lens stability. Talk about "crazy heavy". (... And yes, they were homemade.)

Ziggy, nothing turned out that well yesterday (poor lighting), but I'll certainly post some images once I try it out more!