Full circle

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited August 15, 2016 in People
My time as a regular dgrinner - which really means when I started taking photography seriously following the purchase of my first digital SLR - started with me ogling the magnificent prom pix that Jeffreaux took of his girls, followed not long after by Mitchell's kids. And now, here WE are this week... Senior Prom. I can't believe what a journey these "dgrin years" have been, both as a photographer AND parent! :lust:lust:lust

i-Z8jSbs2-X3.jpg

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited May 29, 2016
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2016
    Ohh, I've been waiting for this set!!! She looks beautiful (and a lot more like her mom)!! Looks like you were blessed with some nice weather for these shots and you took great advantage of the nice light. Well done!

Can we see some of these alone and larger (particularly the upper right)?
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2016
    Shooting into the house from the porch. I think I'm going to start using this for headshots, because I LOVE this light! It will probably only work on sunny afternoons, alas, but dang - it's almost as good as a Magic Garage :) (ETA: The heavy makeup would not have been my choice, but she wanted to go for a very specific and, I'm told, on-trend "cut crease' look. She did her own makeup. I did her - waist-length! - hair. :) )

i-Sj2SqCh-X3.jpg

This one is, for me, "the money shot". LOVE this location, and the light was very nice at about 645pm.

i-ScWnWkR-X3.jpg
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2016
    Very nice captures. Loved watching her grow up.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2016
    Oh how pretty!! She's grown so much, I still remember some of your first photos of her. Oh my! What a beauty (and your photos are of course beautiful!)! Hope she had a blast at her prom!
    edited June 6, 2016
    Aw, thanks Agnieszka! You'll be there with your young beauties before you know it - it really does go SO FAST!!

To put the button on this week.... Off to Canada in the fall to study theatre...in French.

i-M5SQdDn-X3.jpg
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2016
    I can't believe she's a senior! I started admiring your work when she was a little tween. She's grown into a lovely young woman, and you have some amazing shots to treasure.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2016
    divamum wrote: »
    Aw, thanks Agnieszka! You'll be there with your young beauties before you know it - it really does go SO FAST!!

To put the button on this week.... Off to Canada in the fall to study theatre...in French.

Eeeeks, don't say that! :cry

I'm sure she'll have a blast! FUN!
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2016
    Beautiful captures! You should be a very proud mom-tographer thumb.gif
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2016
    How did I miss this post? Wonderful pictures; beautiful young lady. Congratulations! She'll have an amazing first year, I'll bet. My son is now a college sophomore...and off on a study tour around the world! The time goes so quickly! Two more years and I've an empty nest...
    edited August 15, 2016
    iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  • wave01wave01 Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2016
    Very nice set and nice to see them grow up. We are in Florida to see our grand daughters and a comment we got was enjoy them. I replied that we are and as grand parents we get that second chance to enjoy. Because as parents we were probably working to hard. Enjoy what you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins