Directory / Permission Integration

WillMorrisonWillMorrison Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
I belong to a large private Club that is looking to create a photo library. We would like all members to have upload access to a private account in Smugmug. We don't want to maintain the permission list in Smugmug manually.

Do you support directory integration services such as OAuth?

Thx

Comments

• gibertigiberti Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2016

There are a couple of different ways you could approach this. Images can of course be uploaded using Guest Uploading, which, you can read about here.

The best way would gate access would be to use our private sharing feature. That article talks about how it works in the browser, but we have API endpoints for managing the users programmatically as well. The grants for a specific album are managed on the associated album node endpoint explorable using the Live API browser.

Alternately, you could manage your permissions outside of SmugMug and simply store/pull information as though it were all the same user via the API. This is obviously more work for you.

If you don't have an API Key yet, you can apply for one. If you have questions regarding using the API, you can also write to api@smugmug.com and we'll respond as quickly as we can.

APIv2 and OAuth are your friend! Having issues? Just ask, I can help!
  • WillMorrisonWillMorrison Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    OK, this is helpful.
    We are a Yacht Club (RYC) and probably won't be able to implement SSO anytime soon. Would it be possible for SmugMug to recognize an authenticated RYC member and grant him/her access to the RYC content for posting and viewing?
    Thx
  • gibertigiberti Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins

Would it be possible for SmugMug to recognize an authenticated RYC member and grant him/her access to the RYC content for posting and viewing?

We only recognize our own OAuth tokens. You would need to manage access to your SmugMug token on your side.

APIv2 and OAuth are your friend! Having issues? Just ask, I can help!
  • WillMorrisonWillMorrison Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    I will look into this option and get back to you. We may start working with the SaaS directory / SSO service called onelogin. They may be able to handle it.