Options

Advertising including facebook

chadnlachadnla Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
Curious how people are using digital advertising. I want to create a Facebook ad but SmugMug seems to be behind the times and doesn't allow Facebook pixel. How important is pixel? Does this mean a fb ad is not worth it or that I just won't have the insights that are valuable? Is google adwords a better option. They are both different In their approach. I'm trying to develop leads for my business. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    94lincoln94lincoln Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

yes, we need the ability to add a facebook pixel. I run a business primarily from my Smugmug website and monitoring traffic is important to my sales.
    Scott
    Smilestogophotobooth

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi there,
    Facebook pixel isn't something that we support right now. If you'd like to see support for it added in the future, you could consider checking out the SmugMug feedback page
    There, you can vote and comment on existing suggestions or if you don't find what you're looking for, create your own. Our product management team is actively monitoring the suggestions made and takes them into account for future updates.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    chadnlachadnla Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    well given the site you gave to use has 125 votes, i'd think it would be high priority. why wouldn't you put advertising at top of list
  • Options
    photoclickphotoclick Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2017

FB pixel has a few flavors. You can use the one that does not require javascript. It is a simple html line, something like this:

well... I have no clue how to post an html sample here...