Off my deck

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

I seem to take loads of images from the veiw off my back deck to my house. These are all panoramic photos with 12 to 36 images stitched together. I use Photoshop CS4 to stitch them together.

1. Rainbow

2. Sunrise (about 10:30am)

3. Stormy Afternoon

Comments

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

@JAG said:
    I seem to take loads of images from the veiw off my back deck to my house.

With a view like that, Joyce, why wouldn't you take loads of images out there!

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

@moose135 said:

@JAG said:
    I seem to take loads of images from the veiw off my back deck to my house.

With a view like that, Joyce, why wouldn't you take loads of images out there!

After 20 years of living here, I never get tired of the veiw! I have many folders worth, but don't want to bore anyone! ;)

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

No. 3 is fantastic! Nice drama. I bet it looks awesome in a huge format.

@Eia said:
    No. 3 is fantastic! Nice drama. I bet it looks awesome in a huge format.

Thank you! Yes, that is the one that has 36 images. I have not printed it yet because I don't have a blank wall in my house big enough to disply it!
    I agree that it would look great in a large image!

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator

Is that Lake Lucile or Lake Wasilla in your image?

I drove through Wasilla last spring on my way from Denali to Glenallen, and back down the Alcan.

I need to get back to Alaska again it is every bit as gorgeous as you describe.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

@pathfinder said:
    Is that Lake Lucile or Lake Wasilla in your image?

I drove through Wasilla last spring on my way from Denali to Glenallen, and back down the Alcan.

I need to get back to Alaska again it is every bit as gorgeous as you describe.

This is Wasilla lake from the North shore looking toward Parks hwy. Even I have not seen all of Alaska, even after 20 years! So much shooting I want to do and so little time to do it!

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited January 11, 2017

I understand looking at Google Maps.

Maybe you can answer a question for me that I could not seem to get a good answer to while I was in Denali last spring? What is state road 8 from Cantwell to Paxson like? It is drivable in a typical 4 WD pick up truck in good weather conditions?

I really wanted to explore that road with my Tiger motor coach, but could not find anyone who knew anything about HW 8. I have about 12 inches of clearance under my differentials and good AT tires, but not aggressive off road mud tires and 4WD with a rear diff lock. Google maps shows it at ~125 miles and about 3 1/2 hours so it is not highway speeds.

As for shooting from your back deck, I shoot skies and sunsets from my back yard in Indiana sometimes too if the look grabs me. I use my drone for that a fair bit actually.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

@pathfinder , unfortunately that is one of the many roads I have yet to travel. However, by what I can find about the hwy, it is graveled (35-40 mph) and is mostly above timberline, which gives way to beautiful vistas. I'm sure a motorhome could do ok. Gravel roads are pretty comon and since that is a hwy, they would most likely keep it groomed well. You might call the visitor center in either Paxton or Cantwell and ask them. Right now the road is closed for winter.

• travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins

One more vote for #3 - very nice!

Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited January 12, 2017

@travelways said:
    One more vote for #3 - very nice!

Thank you Tatiana!