Options

Want to give the gift of Smugmug account, Gift cards?

Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
edited December 1, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I am going to give my mom the gift of a Smugmug basic account ($24.95 with my discount if prices don't go up). I wish Smugmug had a gift account where I buy it now, and then Smugmug sends me a Smugmug card with Smugmug envelope (in another envelope for mailing) that I can then put under the tree. I assume no so I am preparing to make one myself. This would be a good idea on top of the use your referral credits to give the gift of smugmug I kinda heard about (need more details).

Thanks all.
My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    I am going to give my mom the gift of a Smugmug basic account ($24.95 with my discount if prices don't go up). I wish Smugmug had a gift account where I buy it now, and then Smugmug sends me a Smugmug card with Smugmug envelope (in another envelope for mailing) that I can then put under the tree. I assume no so I am preparing to make one myself. This would be a good idea on top of the use your referral credits to give the gift of smugmug I kinda heard about (need more details).

Thanks all.

Thanks for the suggestion! In the meantime, I betcha Mom would love a personally signed card, with the welcome email printed inside it, and a photo printed and inserted of the two of you thumb.gif

Don't forget to populate Mom's new account with lots of family piccies deal.gif
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2005
    Thanks Andy (and yes I am still working on documenting all the tags (starting with the homepage). Will make for a nice Christmas present. iPhoto/.Mac is great, except that 45 photo limit (if you do it directly from within iPhoto to .Mac). I think the new AJAX system will be far easier to use for her then .Mac's homepage.

I assume that when she does iPhoto sync with the smugmug app it auto creates the galleries right? Speaking of smugmug utility any word on an updated version coming out (maybe as a System Preference pane with send to smugmug and other OS intergration?)

thanks
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:

I assume that when she does iPhoto sync with the smugmug app it auto creates the galleries right? Speaking of smugmug utility any word on an updated version coming out (maybe as a System Preference pane with send to smugmug and other OS intergration?)

thanks

Yep we're working on getting version 2 of the mac uploader out the door ... it will will include the ability to create galleries and set their options, log in/log out, and view a progress meter for individual photos as they upload.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Yep we're working on getting version 2 of the mac uploader out the door ... it will will include the ability to create galleries and set their options, log in/log out, and view a progress meter for individual photos as they upload.

Any idea how long until version 2 comes out? I hope it's more powerful then Star Explorer for the PC (heard it can do everything). I also hope it's written in Cocca and can run on Intel.
    --Stephen King