Options

A Step Past Photography...

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited January 16, 2017 in Other Cool Shots

For those who print their stuff... this might be of interest...

So, I've experimented with multi media displays recently to enhance the viewing experience

So far I'm pleased with the results...

This is a 40x60 matte paper composition print on metal, with a 24x36 gloss print directly on metal, next to large dried branches

This is a 30x40 print on canvas with a piece of driftwood on the base

Rags

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Cool! Very imaginative!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

For quite a while now, Rags, I've enjoyed your " experiments ". I always find something of interest in them and, very often, I pick up some educational tidbits. I'm particularly excited by the second piece here because I've done something in a very similar vein myself. I put up a large canvas print of one of my favorite barn scenes and positioned in front of it a carved, wooden, life-sized screech owl sitting on a limb attached to a base. Thanks for sharing these works with us.

See you,

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

This s a great concept. I particularly like #1 with the dried branches echoing the tree on the image. :clap

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Thanks folks for the comments

Tom I bet you get favorable comments, sounds like a good combination

Something seems to happen to viewer engagement when you make a two dimension image into three dimension

Rags