Mini-Challenge #240 - Turbulent Waters - RESULTS

CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
edited January 20, 2017 in The Dgrin Challenges

Well you folks once again made the moderator of a mini-challenge very difficult. I loved all the entries this time. So here are my thoughts and results:

Honorable Mention:
Joyce - the colors and show-shutter action of the Alaska shot are outstanding and I love the Madeira Wave splash.
Pieter -the Belgian Wave Breaker - great colors and composition of what I think is an old wooden pier?
Gretchen (Sapphire73) - Great shots of Maui, it's beautiful volcanic coast and wave action.
GrandmaR - I love the sea lion action albeit the waters would probably have been a lot calmer without the rambunctious fellows. :D And the colors and action in your Yellowstone shot are wonderful.
Tatiana - Love the sunset colors against the ocean turmoil.
Sara - I know you didn't submit the Bordeaux fountain, but love the backlighting on this one and all your shots showed good turbulence. Love the Turkey sea foam shot.

Third place- Sara - the waterfall in Bad Gastein, Austria. The movement of the water and colors are wonderful. You can sense the flow and power of the water.
Second place- Pieter - Skógafoss Waterfall. The flow and moisture from the falls are spectacular. Again, the power of the falls and mist comes through so well in the shot. Added bonus of a rainbow!

First Place- Juano - I'm not sure where this was taken, but the rugged elegance of the lighthouse in the distance with breaking waves, and the stillness of the birds on the shore juxtaposed with the turbulent and angry ocean is mesmerizing. Congratulations. Tag, you're it for the next mini-challenge!

Comments

• sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited January 21, 2017

Congratulations, @Juano, Pieter, and Sara! And thank you, Jo, for a fun challenge and your comments on various entries. For me, part of the fun was finally getting around to processing a few more of my photos taken in Hawaii.

Juano, looking forward to seeing what the next challenge brings!

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

Congrats @Juano ! Congrats to all the runner ups and thank you Jo for your comments.

• grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

Congratulations and thanks for the HM. Looking forward to the next challenge.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins

Congratulations Cristóbal ( @Juano) and all the other winners!

Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Wow, thanks for a HM and a 2nd place. Congrats to the other HM's, Sara and of course to Juano for winning this mini-challenge with a fantastic image. Well deserved!

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2017

GrandmaR - I love the sea lion action albeit the waters would probably have been a lot calmer without the rambunctious fellows

Actually the waters were very rough -the sea lions (and pelicans and penguins) were on rocky cliffs with a lot of surf. I think they were following our boat because they thought we might have fish. I had seated myself strategically in the back of the boat because I was afraid the front of the boat would be wet with spray (and I was correct)

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@Cavalier said:
    Well you folks once again made the moderator of a mini-challenge very difficult. I loved all the entries this time. So here are my thoughts and results:

Honorable Mention:
    Joyce - the colors and show-shutter action of the Alaska shot are outstanding and I love the Madeira Wave splash.
    Pieter -the Belgian Wave Breaker - great colors and composition of what I think is an old wooden pier?
    Gretchen (Sapphire73) - Great shots of Maui, it's beautiful volcanic coast and wave action.
    GrandmaR - I love the sea lion action albeit the waters would probably have been a lot calmer without the rambunctious fellows. :D And the colors and action in your Yellowstone shot are wonderful.
    Tatiana - Love the sunset colors against the ocean turmoil.
    Sara - I know you didn't submit the Bordeaux fountain, but love the backlighting on this one and all your shots showed good turbulence. Love the Turkey sea foam shot.

Third place- Sara - the waterfall in Bad Gastein, Austria. The movement of the water and colors are wonderful. You can sense the flow and power of the water.
    Second place- Pieter - Skógafoss Waterfall. The flow and moisture from the falls are spectacular. Again, the power of the falls and mist comes through so well in the shot. Added bonus of a rainbow!

First Place- Juano - I'm not sure where this was taken, but the rugged elegance of the lighthouse in the distance with breaking waves, and the stillness of the birds on the shore juxtaposed with the turbulent and angry ocean is mesmerizing. Congratulations. Tag, you're it for the next mini-challenge!

Thank you! I will be posting a new challenge soon.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Jo, thanks for the HM and 3rd place and congratulations to Cristobal and Pieter!