Options

How about clicking slideshow image

d3needshelpd3needshelp Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited November 9, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
In Legacy, we had the option of clicking an image in slideshow and it would take you to that gallery. Can we get that option back please? Or even better...my slideshow is a "smart gallery", meaning it pulls from several galleries. For me, I'd like the option to click to the "parent" gallery.

Cheers!:D

Comments

• Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    In Legacy, we had the option of clicking an image in slideshow and it would take you to that gallery. Can we get that option back please? Or even better...my slideshow is a "smart gallery", meaning it pulls from several galleries. For me, I'd like the option to click to the "parent" gallery.

+1
    My slideshow is a gallery with collected photos from other galleries (using 'share/collect' not smartgalleries), would be nice if a click redirects the user to the gallery the photo was collected from.
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
  • Options
    synaturesynature Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2014
    +1
    Option to go to any folder, page or gallery; or to original gallery of current image; or to smart gallery the slideshow was made from. Please.

In fact I want to go a folder that most likely does not contain the slideshow gallery, though that gallery is probably inside a subfolder therein.
    Brandon Smith
    http://redwoodtwig.com
    Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.
  • Options
    geohsiageohsia Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    +1

I am hoping to migrate to Smugmug. My old website www.georgehsia.com had a slideshow in the home page that was my featured stories and it linked to the individual galleries. I hope this is added one day!
  • Options
    cneedhacneedha Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2014
    slidw show click through
    I'd like to be able to specify where a 'click' on a slideshow would take you.
    +
    Chris
    Canon and Mac addict
    www.cneedham.com
  • Options
    scoril0scoril0 Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited April 1, 2014
    same here, I'd like to be able to specify where a 'click' on a slideshow would take you.
  • Options
    cneedhacneedha Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2014
    Hi,
    Is this feature being worked on or should I start hunting for some CSS ideas?
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris
    Canon and Mac addict
    www.cneedham.com
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 14, 2014
    cneedha wrote: »
    Is this feature being worked on or should I start hunting for some CSS ideas?

As much as I wish I could comment on what's being worked on, sadly we can't (if a company told everyone what it's working on, its competitors would know how to beat them and then there'd be no more SmugMug :cry)

However, there is a request for this over on the SmugMug Feature Request page. Make sure to head on over there and vote for it so we know how badly this feature is wanted!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    BluegrassBluegrass Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited September 21, 2015
    Yes, I'd also really like to be able to specify where a 'click' on a slideshow would take you. I went to the Feature Request page and voted. If there are any updates on this feature that I missed when doing my DGrin search please let me know. Thanks!
  • Options
    dberthiadberthia Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2015
    I hate to be "that guy", but this seems like such a basic, easy-to-implement feature that I highly doubt you'd be losing any competitive advantage by announcing it. As a matter of fact, I'd be shocked if the competition wasn't offering it already.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,920 moderator
    Easy doesn't make it a priority, I suppose. I wanted a slideshow on my home page, but when I saw that clicking on it did nothing, I decided against it. While there are some details that would have to be worked out about where clicking takes you, something is better than nothing, I think.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    In theory it's quite easy, but in actual practice it can be harder. Without going into all the crazy Engineering information, we had a limitation that made it so that we weren't able to do this. We've been hard-at-work updating the gears that make SmugMug work and adding this feature in will be possible in the near future. It's not on our immediate roadmap to integrate it since we have some amazing new things we want to release before upgrading the current tools, but a clickable slideshow (and carousel) are on our list of things to add!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    Ian HIan H Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2016
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but I for one would love this feature.
  • Options
    PhilCorleyPhotoPhilCorleyPhoto Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    +1