Help for newbie?

2»

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

OK. done.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

Thank you very much. Is there any limitations on tags? I can only manage to place a few.

I think there's a limit on tags per post, five maybe? I don't use them myself, so I'm not too sure.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

Thanks. As far as I can see, your guess is not so bad :)

• paradigmblueparadigmblue Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    I have the same issue - I can just post smiley's :( Can someone please help?
  • jkcothronjkcothron Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    Hmmm, I suppose I see the need for this. Spam on a forum kills morale in a hurry. I guess you can't tip your hand on the amount of time or the number of posts required either but it does take away from some of the fun initially :)

John Cothron
    Galleries: Smugmug|500px|Flickr

@jkcothron said:
    Hmmm, I suppose I see the need for this. Spam on a forum kills morale in a hurry. I guess you can't tip your hand on the amount of time or the number of posts required either but it does take away from some of the fun initially :)

Yes, there are trade-offs involved. Even with the restrictions we have spammers still leak through once in a while, though not very often. Patience--it shouldn't take long.

• wilderworldwilderworld Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    I'm also not able to upload an image to a mini-challenge. I am brand new here...when I try to drag the image from desktop to forum, I just get something that says "drop image/file", then I release and it looks like it uploaded (I see a thin blue bar at the top indicating upload progress?) but can't see the photo anywhere when it's done. Likely by now there are 4 copies of the photo sitting somewhere and I just haven't figured it out. :/

Thank you.

@wilderworld : Welcome to Dgrin. In order to reduce spam on the forum, we restrict the posting rights of brand new members. Stick around, post a bit more and you'll be all set.

• jcharmonjcharmon Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2017

Why do the formatting options vanish when one goes back to edit a post?
    What's the Markdown code for strikethrough? Markdown documentation https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Here-Cheatsheet suggests using double-tilde but that doesn't always work if one is editing a prior post. test - it did that time but it didn't here https://dgrin.com/discussion/comment/2064969/#Comment_2064969
    Is there a way to delete a post?

• CJMOSERCJMOSER Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    Finally I can make a post! Yeah
  • CJMOSERCJMOSER Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    And faces too! :)
  • maxcomposemaxcompose Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    I have the same problem, I would like to post a photo, but it seem don't have this function, only able post text message, so could you please check my account too?, Thank You

If you like my photo, please visit my website and my blog:

https://www.maxcompose.com
    https://www.maxcompose.com/blog

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited September 17, 2017

@maxcompose said:
    I have the same problem, I would like to post a photo, but it seem don't have this function, only able post text message, so could you please check my account too?, Thank You

There is a waiting period before you can post photos. It is a combination of time and number of posts. Based on your join date it appears you have not posted enough to enable posting photos. Please continue to browse the forum and post comments; you will be able to post photos soon.

• maxcomposemaxcompose Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins

Ok, thank you for your advise

If you like my photo, please visit my website and my blog:

https://www.maxcompose.com
    https://www.maxcompose.com/blog

• Wandering DaneWandering Dane Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    I have been a member for nine (9) years and still can't post pictures, what's with that? I don't join many conversations on this or other forums, but I would like to post pictures for review and comment by the community. What do I need to do?

WD

@Wandering Dane said:
    I have been a member for nine (9) years and still can't post pictures, what's with that? I don't join many conversations on this or other forums, but I would like to post pictures for review and comment by the community. What do I need to do?

WD

Log off Dgrin and then log on again and check your private messages. You should be good to go now.

• Wandering DaneWandering Dane Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins

Richard - thank you so much; it worked!

WD

• sdbsdb Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2018
    Hi all!
    I'm Sebastian and just joined this forum. I'm a SmugMug user since 2014.
    I wanted to start participating and asking some questions, inserting link in post+signature+screenshot to explain my questions. Unfortunately, I realized after subscription that I can't do anything except write and insert smileys...which, among other things, reading the guide lines on the forum are forbidden here. I've read I'm not the only one with this matters...there is no written anywhere in the guides (or I haven't found it) about this steps to verify my identity as a person and not spam.
    Some clarification about it? Thank you!

Hi Sebastian and welcome to Dgrin. As you can see from earlier posts in this thread, Dgrin restricts the privileges of new members for a short time as an anti-spam policy. Usually it doesn't take long and most questions can be stated using text only. I'm not sure what you mean about reading guidelines being forbidden. Could you give a little more information on what you were trying to do and what happened? AFAIK, nobody should be excluded from reading content, not even non-members.

Thank you Richard!
    I thought I had missed something or had not found it. No problem, I wait, my questions are not urgent.

I expressed myself badly, sorry, I meant that by posting I can't do what normally users can do with link, attachments, etc, but it's because I'm a new. For now I can write/post with and add smiley.

Regarding the smiley, what I had written was inaccurate. I checked again the guidelines and the smiley are not allowed only in the signature. I tried to insert here the link of what I've written but a message says "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." So, if you follow go to Dgrin Forum Support > START HERE... > dgrin rules > link "Signatures" and at the third point you find it written (about smiley)
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@sdb said:
    .... I tried to insert here the link of what I've written but a message says "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." So, if you follow go to Dgrin Forum Support > START HERE... > dgrin rules > link "Signatures" and at the third point you find it written (about smiley)

You can't post active links but I think you should be able to post links as text. It won't be clickable but the viewer can copy the text and place it in a browser to open the page.

edited January 23, 2018
    Hi Denise, thanks for the reply, I tried to copy and paste the link but it doesn't work in no case with https...in front
    Without, it work only if I cut the link, something like this

dgrin.com/discussion/ [ERASE AND MERGE THE LINK] 189562/heads-up-all-were-changing-dgrins-signatures-rules-on-february-15th-2011/p1

but it doesn't seem really nice to me, and through mobile it can be frustrating.
    Anyway, only for longer links, for shorter it's surely easier and readable.
    Yes, thanks for merging.