Valley of Fire

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Arches come in all shapes, sizes, features and are always fun to photograph.

Here is my take on an often photographed, Elephant Rock, in Valley of Fire State Park.

Historical note: Valley of Fire State Park, is Nevada's oldest state park. C&C always welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Nicely done!

Valley of Fire State Park is a favorite place to wander. I often wish it was closer, but perhaps the distance makes it more special.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thank you for your comment Denise! I agree, getting there, when the destination is not simply right around the corner, makes the trip and the experiences all that much more rewarding. Valley of Fire has so much to offer, one could wander there for days. The nights afford an excellent opportunity for acceptable astro-photography. Permission from Park Rangers required for after hours, night photography excursions. Thanks again!!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic! Never been there....this is certainly a motivation! Cheers!

Thanks Stumblebum!!

Getting there is very easy, just a bit north of Vegas. Well worth the trip into Vegas, and IMHO much more rewarding than staying in town.

• marc2242marc2242 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Great photo, thanks for sharing. I have never been to Valley of Fire but it is on my list of places to visit. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

Great and interesting, but to become a little technical: That kind of background light is hard to handle, if you want a photo without burnt out spots.

Thank you all for your comments!! Much appreciated!

Jorgen, point well taken!