Urban Art....Timeless

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

So...not knowing exactly where to post these, they have landed here.

After a hiatus from my kit, I have begun taking a look at images I took months ago as I traveled across the U.S. I was on the lookout for urban art and discovered that this art form has been around for quite a long time. C&C is always welcomed and appreciated.

Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada

The following are from a neighborhood called The Grove in Saint Louis, MO

Hope you enjoy them. I had a fantastic time wandering around city side streets and dusty trails, discovering these wonderful examples of urban art!!

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

Nice images. I like the last 2 images the best. Reason is because they have elements of the surrounding walls that they are on. All the others are cropped to tight in my opinion. When taking pictures of urban art, it's better to bring in elements around the art, otherwise all you have is a picture of someones art.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Hi Jag...

Thank you for your comments. Yes, fully agree...next time I will include more of the elements surrounding the artwork...excellent point. Ah, this learning curve!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

fantastic set!

• paradigmblueparadigmblue Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    > @"El Gato" said:
    > So...not knowing exactly where to post these, they have landed here.
    >
    > After a hiatus from my kit, I have begun taking a look at images I took months ago as I traveled across the U.S. I was on the lookout for urban art and discovered that this art form has been around for quite a long time. C&C is always welcomed and appreciated.
    >
    > Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada
    >
    >
    >
    > The following are from a neighborhood called The Grove in Saint Louis, MO
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hope you enjoy them. I had a fantastic time wandering around city side streets and dusty trails, discovering these wonderful examples of urban art!!

Street and urban art are so much fun to capture. Keep sharing :)
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thanks everyone for your comments!!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Very nice set! I agree with JAG on including other elements in the picture to provide context.