Options

Where did my discussion go??

pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
edited February 22, 2017 in Dgrin Forum Support

I just posted a new thread called Snowy Owls in Ontario in the Wildlife are a few moments ago. Denise Goldberg responded to it, and I tried to respond to her post, and now it no longer seems to exist? At least I can't seem to find it. Did I accidentally delete it somehow? Not sure what happened to it, but I can't find it. Help!?

I can rewrite it, but it was rather long, and I'd rather just recover it if possible. Please.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited February 22, 2017

I just saw the thread in the Spam Queue, though I don't have any idea why it is there.
    EDIT: Vanilla hiccup. Fixed.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited February 22, 2017

Can we drag it back out or something then? I see that you did indeed recover it, Thanks again.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited February 22, 2017

Every now and then, our spam detection software has a false positive, meaning that it marks something as spam when it is not. These comments get put into a queue that moderators review. Sometimes it takes a while for a mod to notice something in the queue. Once a mod determines that the post is OK, it is returned to the discussion it was originally posted in. However, there is a bug in this process that prevents the post from being marked as a new post or showing up correctly sorted in the discussions list. We have reported this problem to Vanilla. The post is where it belongs when you open the thread, but you have to do that to see that it's there. Hopefully, Vanilla will address this problem soon.