Lightroom Plugin

markderrymarkderry Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins

Hi @devbobo ,
Your plugin is fantastic, and I don't doubt that lightroom's api is out dated at best, I was more so wondering if it were possible when publishing a collection set that it could auto create the galleries inside the folder by taking the folder name from the collection set and the respective galleries would pickup the names of the collections. If it isn't possible then I totally understand!

One more suggestion for you, and I think that this would be a little one but again may not be possible in the context of the lightroom api but, when syncing photos between a gallery that I have uploaded using a different method than the Lightroom plugin and smugmug, I am often presented with numerous cases with multiple matches. Is it possible to have a check box that says "do this for the rest of these in this gallery?

Thanks again

Comments

• FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

I'm not Dave, but I'm confused... What does "when publishing a collection set" mean? I use the plugin all the time and am wondering if I'm missing out on something.

As best I understood a collection set was a group of (non-publishing) collections, and published collections did not have sets, they had folders and galleries, and as you create them they automatically (and immediately) create the folders and galleries on Smugmug.

Is there a structure mechanism I'm missing?

And yeah... if you are trying to sync, I often get tons of potential matches that are just strange, to the point i find it easier to just delete the gallery on smugmug and upload again. :'(

• markderrymarkderry Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins

Hi @Ferguson

You are correct that a collection set is a group of non publishing collections. For example when I shoot a wedding all of the files will go into a single library folder, I will then break the photos out into several collections by topic (details, ceremony, speeches, etc) ending up with approximately 10 different collections that I place in a collection set. I am wondering if it is possible to then publish that collection set and use the structure to create folders and galleries in Smugmug as highlighted below. This would save the time to create the collections and then also create individual galleries.

Lightroom Smugmug
    Collection Set -> Folder
    Collections -> Galleries

With regard to the sync, I would really like to sync as I close to 700K photos on smugmug and am very reluctant to re-upload them just due to time and bandwidth restrictions.

I hope this makes more sense.

Why create the collections at all, why not create the published collections, under one wedding folder perhaps, right in the publishing system. It's still a collection in all the same sense as a regular collection (well, mostly) but it as a side effect is also published. I think you may be doing double work.

No real comment as to the other, I did not pursue doing it aggressively so I do not know the best way.

But for new stuff, I do it all the time, different (but not that different for sports) and never create any regular collections, only published ones of various flavors (private, unlisted, public).