Olowalu Aerial Photomerge

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Olowalu, a small community on the southwest shore of Maui, is home to one of the most spectacular reef systems on the island. Reefs extend more than 400yds off shore, and are teeming with colorful fish, anemones, octopus, sharks, eels, and the list goes on. It's one of the finest snorkeling & diving areas around, great for spear fishing, and occasionally throws a choice swell for surfing.

This image was shot with a DJI Phantom 4, and consists of 29 individual photos merged like a jigsaw puzzle. Total image size on this one after cropping is 25MP.

Mahalo for viewing!

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Impressive, especially the clarity of the water. Looks like a lovely place.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Jaw dropping JBR! Bravo!

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@jerryr said:
    incredible ! thank you for sharing !

@Richard said:
    Impressive, especially the clarity of the water. Looks like a lovely place.

@Stumblebum said:
    Jaw dropping JBR! Bravo!

Mahalo everyone for the fabulous words! I'm having a load of fun playing with the photo merge function of PS, especially with this flying camera. If it weren't for the fabulous shutterbugs on this forum, I'd be limited in my inspiration, so thank you all.

• TMcEwenTMcEwen Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins

Very Impressive!

- Thomas McEwen - (Nashville, TN)
    http://www.tmcewenphotography.com/
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful image!!
    Excellent example of artistic creativity + Talent + technology.
    The application of sUAS (i.e., Phantom 4-like equipment) is taking this profession, hobby, passion to previously unknown reaches.
    Thanks for sharing with us the growing application and future of aerial imaging.
    Well done. :)

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@TMcEwen said:
    Very Impressive!

Mahalo, Thomas!

@El Gato said:
    Wonderful image!!
    Excellent example of artistic creativity + Talent + technology.
    The application of sUAS (i.e., Phantom 4-like equipment) is taking this profession, hobby, passion to previously unknown reaches.
    Thanks for sharing with us the growing application and future of aerial imaging.
    Well done. :)

I can't thank you enough for these words! And yes, the sUAS industry is here to stay, definitely NOT a fad. I use my UAV multiple times per week for work, and it's only picking up from here.