Slideshow Options - Animoto and ??

OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins

Hi there,

Checking in to see what slideshow software/tools people are using.

Specifically I'd love to hear from anyone using Animoto. I've heard some good and not so good things about the company.

I'd also like to know other alternatives and which ones people are loving right now.

Cheers

Ryan

Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited March 10, 2017

I tried Animoto years ago, and it lacked in features and final quality. I wound up using ProShow Gold and it was hands above anything else available. The user interface and degree of control, coupled with an excellent and fast rendering system just plain worked and the output was gorgeous.

Haven't done any slideshows recently, but I would still recommend ProShow, either Gold or Producer (if you need the better controls it offers).

Edit: I see that ProShow also has a "Web" version to compete with Animoto, so you might check that out too.

I did do a quickie slideshow for my father's funeral, and I was working that presentation up until the last minute (because people kept adding new pictures), and I was using Corel VideoStudio Pro for some of that, and it went pretty well.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins

Another vote for ProShow Gold - I eventually upgraded to ProShow Producer for the extra features
    Very powerful, easy to use.

My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • BillyLovesSmoresBillyLovesSmores Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    RendrFX has a pretty intuitive slideshow maker. Just pick one of their templates, upload your pics, pick your music and you're done. It's too easy!
    Check it out - http://www.rendrfx.com/slideshow-maker-with-music