Options

My Smugmug site looks horrible on a mobile device

ribbon_cableribbon_cable Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins

So I finally got my smugmug site to look good on my laptop but now it looks horrible on my iPad and iPhone. The Logo block has my name overlapping itself and my menu has a carriage return and shows up on two lines on the iPad even though there is plenty of room for it to be on the same line. At least on the iPhone the header area is somewhat usable, except for my first and last name overlayed on top of each other.

Is there a way to make a separate mobile design?

Here is the display on a computer

Here is ipad display

Here is iPhone display

Please view the page at http://keirbriscoe.com

Thanks
Keir

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

Start here for small screen adjustments.

Steve

Website
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited March 13, 2017

I would recommend that you rethink the number of items you are showing in your header. I have a large monitor but I very rarely open sites in a full-width browser. Both your menu and your social icons show as stacked on my browser. It's not until I have the browser at almost full width of my monitor that your header flattens out.

Are you aware that you can switch to the smugmug mini footer and that you can remove the SmugMug header? Click Customize... Content and Design... Settings to make changes.

I just noticed that you are allowing access to the Original images on your site. Although you do have the right click message turned on it is very easy to open the original photo on your site and then access (and save) the full image as seen in the browser cache. You should think about what size image you are comfortable with sharing and adjust your gallery settings. You can make a change to multiple galleries at once by using bulk settings from the Organizer as shown on this help page - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1240194-how-do-i-change-settings-for-multiple-galleries-at-once-.