A Few From the Gulf Coast - Please see #5 Crops

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited March 13, 2017 in Landscapes

NOTE: Additional images starting with #6. C&C is much appreciated.

Howdy!

I thought I would make my annual appearance. Well, it does seem that way to me. Even with my new camera (Nikon D750) I don't get out to shoot much. I did spend a few days at the coast in January so thought I would share a few shots. I am pretty pleased with my new gear.
Appreciate any comments. Oh, and hi to all my friends--I have missed everybody! :smiley:

1. Great Blue Heron feeding near sunset

2. Pelican gliding by - This guy came towards me and went right by. I think my new gear solves my sharpness problem

3. Sunrise - wanted to practice some silky water shots but it was really too rough water to work well. Still, I liked this one.

4. Sunset at Fulton harbor

5. Sunset at Rockport harbor - I was rushing to find someplace for what I thought would be nice light so I just pulled in and parked and set up my tripod on a short pier. About a minute later this is what I had.

6. Same as #5 with a different crop

7. Similar to #5 but I changed the coloring just a bit in post. It was also a different shutter speed.

8. Approaching Sunset at Rockport Harbor - same harbor but from a different location and about fifteen min earlier

9. Sunrise

10. Sunrise - same location as #9 but from the other side of the pier. I like the fishing boats in the distance

11. Speedboat on a last run before sunset

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments