Canon 7 D playback image set up

BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

Hello,

Is it possible with the Canon 7D to have an instant magnified picture in my LCD viewfinder instead of pushing the playback button and using the zoom ...???

:photo

Comments

• BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

If not can I use a 3X viewfinder attached to my LCD screen??? When shooting portrait I would like to know instantly if the face of the model is sharp .

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator

For the original Canon 7D I do not believe that you can reprogram the Quick Review to show 100 percent. In Playback/Review you do need several presses of the "+" button to zoom in to 100 percent.

I am not aware of any 3x optical magnifier designed to work specifically with the Canon 7D's LCD, but I did purchase a generic magnifier for Sony mirrorless bodies that lack any sort of viewfinder and I suspect that it could be adapted for the purpose. Unfortunately, that was purchased quite a while ago for a NEX 5N and I don't remember where I got it.

This looks pretty close to a "universal" 2.8x magnifier, but I've no idea how well it could work for your application:

https://www.amazon.com/Shuangyu-Viewfinder-Extender-Magnifier-NEX-5C/dp/B014IF02ZU

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited April 5, 2017

Thinking more about your specific wish, I suspect that a small, credit-card-sized Fresnel sheet magnifier, properly spaced from the LCD display, might be a pretty good solution. While you might be able to source one of these small sheet magnifiers locally, this is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/Credit-Pocket-Magnifier-Fresnel-Magnifying/dp/B005MPREQ6

Not sure if this gives you what you want, but pretty cheap and easy to try.

You'll have to experiment with the standoff distance from the LCD, and also experiment with the standoff material, but I think that black foam-board sheets from a dollar store might be a pretty good material to try.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Right on Ziggy 53 I care less if it's canon or kmart or what it looks like ..as long as it serve my purpose ..thank you for the ideas

was thinking about it......I would rather have a dedicated LCD viewfinder like the hoodman ..... that blocks the sun and also magnify the pictures once taken......
    I cant find too many people using such devices??????