Options

RESULTS Mini-Challenge 244: The moon or moonlit nightscenes

pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,774 Major grins
edited April 6, 2017 in The Dgrin Challenges

Thanks all for entering in this mini-challenge, and it must have been a challenge with only 7 participants (of which 1 out of competition)

Some comments:
Sarasphotos, I really liked "Moon over Lake Garda, Italy", very nice composition and moody atmosphere. I will award it a honorable mention.
JAG, thanks for entering, even when they are "out of competition", all nice shots and the first is my favourite of the set
Cavalier, Nice moon close-ups. The first is the most exciting and special.
GrandmaR, I'm very taken by "Moon Rise over the Patuxent", lots to see and the light reflection gives it something extra. You get 3rd prize for that.
Gatto, Great diversity in your set, I immediately liked SUPER MOON Ascending in Las Vegas, very well timed shot. You get 2nd prize for that
sapphire73, The first is great, the moving clouds give it a special sinister mood. I'll award it an honorable mention, The third is very recognisable for me, very close to (my) home.
GSPeP, Your shot "Going to the moon" is breathtaking, the detail and grey tones on the plane make it special and the overall composition is nice and dynamic. Therefore it gets FIRST PRIZE

So congrats, and looking forward to what you can dream up for our next mini-challenge.

Pieter, aka pegelli
My SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,946 Major grins

Thank you for the third place - it was indeed a challenge. And congratulations to the other winners GSPeP, in particular. That's a special shot

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

Thanks Pieter for a great challenge! I think your choice on the winner is spot on! Congrats @GSPeP for the win!

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator

Pieter, thanks for a fun challenge and the honorable mention. Congratulations GSPep!

• Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,744 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2017

Wow, thanks. Never thought I could win one of these challenges considering the great photographers that are on this forum.

The picture was taken during the MCAS (Marine Corps Air Station) Miramar Airshow near San Diego. I only noticed during processing that the moon was in the picture.
    At an airshow one is concentrating on following the aircraft and less on what is in the background.

Now I will have to hurt my brain coming up with a subject for a challenge.

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,829 Major grins

Pieter, thanks for the HM and an interesting challenge. Congrats Peter for a well deserved win!