err 01 faulty contact

BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

I get a " err 01 communication between camera and lens is faulty ...clean lens " when using my canon 50 mm lens.
Yes I clean both contact of camera and lens however I randomly still get the err 01 ?????

:photo

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,762 moderator

Assuming that you have tested other lenses:

Start with a clean white kleenex (not the kind with lotion, of course) and wipe all of the contacts again, changing the surface of the tissue frequently.

Follow this with a new pencil and its red eraser. Yes, a red eraser is significant. Wipe all contacts again with the eraser, making sure that any possible eraser dust does not get inside the lens. Don't be either too aggressive or too timid.

If you continue to have issues, try slightly backing off the lens mount rotation, to see if a contact pin has shifted.

If you continue having problems after all of this then it may be time to have the lens serviced, unless it's the Canon EF 50mm, f1.8. If it's that lens it's probably best to just replace the lens.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

Thank you

ill replace t

• Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins

you can replace it (if it's not the STM version) but first try the eraser scrub

• BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

I tried everything....just got a STM yesterday and will be playing with it for the next month non stop :}}}}}}}}