Morning in the Grapevine

chasgroh2chasgroh2 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins

...same day as my Carrizo Plain venture, comingover the Grapevine early morning, cold with clouds. Through the years I've done this run many many times...difference this time was I drove some "roads not traveled" and, basically, took my time. Glad I did...!

Charlie Groh
(tin can tied to the bumper)

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

3 looks nice! I think it has potential to be even more dramatic with little bit of processing. Mainly contrast, shadows and darks can be played with maybe some lights too....cheers!

• chasgroh2chasgroh2 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins

...I did a "treatment" of #3 and put it on my 500px site...thanks, I like that one too...

Charlie Groh
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Very nice, The only part of the grapevine I get to see is from I-5. The terrain is beautiful and would love to have time to explore it like you did. Good job!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

...here's one I forgot to upload...obviously processed...

Charlie Groh

...yah, Orv...ya just gotta turn where you've never turned before! Hahaha, sounds as if, like me, you've done that route many-a-time and just stuck to the 5...

Charlie Groh
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

@OrvSal said:
    Very nice, The only part of the grapevine I get to see is from I-5. The terrain is beautiful and would love to have time to explore it like you did. Good job!

I'm guilty of staying on I-5 myself. I keep telling myself that one of these trips to L.A. will be the "scenic route" but that never seems to happen.

Steve

Website
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

When I go through there, dodging all the semi's and the speeders and lane changers, it's hard to look anywhere but that yellow line. :-(

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com